54 posts
  • 3 / 6
 by R4L
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

69RamFan wrote:I would say yes on Allen looking better,,, but definitely not Howard...
He doesn't come close to being a Barron type player..
But Allen I would say he is a hitter like Barron...

Plus How can VinnyB mention Howard being a head of Hager, if he didn't even have him on his 53 man roster prediction..

Something sounds kind of fishy,,,, :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Howard may not be Barron, but he's better than Hager imo and that was my point. He had a stop on 3rd down that forced a punt, and Hager took the wrong gap and allowed the TD. I just hope someone steps up and fills that spot.

by 69RamFan
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3176  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

R4L wrote:Howard may not be Barron, but he's better than Hager imo and that was my point. He had a stop on 3rd down that forced a punt, and Hager took the wrong gap and allowed the TD. I just hope someone steps up and fills that spot.

You're basing one play from each player,,,

Sorry if you think like that,,, :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I think as in the whole picture,,,

I can tell you with out viewing the tape in that game, that Howard had more mistakes than that one good play he made,,, :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Most ppl don't like Hager, cause he doesn't seem to be a hitter they want him to be,,,

But if you view the tape throughout his career, he is always in the right position most of the time to make that tackle..... it just doesn't look nasty or rough,,,, but he still takes them down...

I use to do the same thing, with Hager, saying to myself, he's not gonna make this team, lo and behold, he proves me wrong,,

Then when I do review the tape,,, then I say, ok now I know why he made the team each year,,, and why they resigned him for his year...

Where as in Howard,,, what I notice about him,,, he seems to stay away from getting hit or to make a tackle,,,,

I was actually surprise when he made that tackle to stop the player from getting a first down.. I was surprise cause that was a first from him... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I didn't have Howard making this team, but if he does, it by default of Kiser getting hurt....

by R4L
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

69RamFan wrote:You're basing one play from each player,,,

Sorry if you think like that,,, :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I think as in the whole picture,,,

I can tell you with out viewing the tape in that game, that Howard had more mistakes than that one good play he made,,, :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Most ppl don't like Hager, cause he doesn't seem to be a hitter they want him to be,,,

But if you view the tape throughout his career, he is always in the right position most of the time to make that tackle..... it just doesn't look nasty or rough,,,, but he still takes them down...

I use to do the same thing, with Hager, saying to myself, he's not gonna make this team, lo and behold, he proves me wrong,,

Then when I do review the tape,,, then I say, ok now I know why he made the team each year,,, and why they resigned him for his year...

Where as in Howard,,, what I notice about him,,, he seems to stay away from getting hit or to make a tackle,,,,

I was actually surprise when he made that tackle to stop the player from getting a first down.. I was surprise cause that was a first from him... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I didn't have Howard making this team, but if he does, it by default of Kiser getting hurt....

You can do without all the laughing emoji, I get your point. I don't base anything on one play. I've seen Hager for 4 years now and he's a backup at best. I have no problem with him making the team, it's starting I have a problem with.

Howard was a tackling machine in college and has more upside imo. He's not a starter either though and the Rams have to get someone for that spot.

Enjoy the season my friend

by safer
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

My point on Patrick is that we now know he can play inside or out. With Matthews also able to do that, and Rapp coming down into the box on occasion, I think it's possible that we might go with one less lber, due to this flexibility, and keep another player elsewhere.

by Indrid Cold
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   864  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

safer wrote:My point on Patrick is that we now know he can play inside or out. With Matthews also able to do that, and Rapp coming down into the box on occasion, I think it's possible that we might go with one less lber, due to this flexibility, and keep another player elsewhere.

Yep, good logic. And we don't want Demby backing up at C and both G spots. So 9 OL and less LBs.

by /zn/
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6764  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Indrid Cold wrote:And we don't want Demby backing up at C and both G spots. So 9 OL and less LBs.

Yeah I figured Demby was at (back-up) center for 4 games and then after that, Neary comes back, and they have to cut someone. It won't be hard to find cap space for Neary ($ 570, 000.)

by 69RamFan
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3176  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:Yeah I figured Demby was at (back-up) center for 4 games and then after that, Neary comes back, and they have to cut someone. It won't be hard to find cap space for Neary ($ 570, 000.)

I don't see Demby getting cut, not just yet,,, unless you screws up these last two pre-season games...

The only reason why I say he won't get cut,,, he actually was playing good during those joint practices...

I don't know what happen to him this last pre-season game, he had a hard time... ,,, maybe to much on his plate from all of those position trying to play....

But if Allen went down, I see Blythe taking over at center,,, and either Demby or Edwards at the RG position

But after four games,, I'm sure Neary will be add Back to the 53

At that time,,, as far as someone getting cut... it could be for some one that's hurt or not playing up to par...

by Indrid Cold
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   864  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

Zn wrote:Yeah I figured Demby was at (back-up) center for 4 games and then after that, Neary comes back, and they have to cut someone. It won't be hard to find cap space for Neary ($ 570, 000.)

Dick84 wrote:unless someone shakes loose in cuts who would be valuable.

I don't think Demby's ready to play C and personally don't like him is a single point of failure at three backup spots for 1/4th of the season. Which means I don't think Evans is ready to swing to backup G either. He looks to be a game day inactive at best. Edwards looks like the game day swing T.

So yeah, the hope is that a vet shakes loose in cuts. There will be someone with more experience...frankly, much better...than Demby available. If that vet can backup at C and G, all the better.

• 3 / 6
54 posts Apr 24 2024