28 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by 69RamFan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   704  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Veteran

Updated: 8/18/19 after Irvine, Napa Camp and Two Pre-Season Games.

Here is my early 53 Man Roster prediction:

So Far set in stone: 21 Offense, 22 Defense, 3 ST (Made Changes)

My bubble list has grown with now 12 players and my set in stone spots changed after two pre-season games from 24 to 22 on defense,

Bubble players: Eight of those 12 bubble players are fighting for the last open RB/WR position and I’m adding two OLB position open spots.

I have Thomas ahead for WR spot after two pre-season games. So I have him set for the sixth spot at WR…

After just one pre-season game, I have OO for that 4th spot at OLB with only playing in one pre-season game… but he actually looked really good… leaving a battle for that Fifth spot, between Patrick, Durham and Young…. So far Young is on the bottom three in my book…. Patrick and Durham has shown me more after two pre-season games,

The RB 4th open spot is still close, with Kelly in a slight edge…

22 locked/with two open, both OLB: 24 Defensive players

21 locked/ with two open, RB/WR: 23 Offensive players.....

3 ST Locked

3 open bubble spots.

The rest of the bubble players will be fighting for the last three openings, in which the coaching staff evaluates who would make the team better will be added to the roster....

(Did not count Neary as a bubble player since he will be suspended for the first four games)

23 Offense

2 QB
Goff
Bottles (He looked really good in his second pre-season game, 7-11, 62yd, 1TD)

4 RB
Gurley
Brown
Henderson (Rookie) He really looks good in the second pre-season game, with that wheel route…
4th spot open*

Bubble: Kelly and Davis (Fighting for 4th spot), Personally I like Davis, if he can stay injured free....
But it looks like Kelly has a slight edge……

6 WR
Cooks
Woods
Kupp
Reynolds
Natson (PR) (had a muff punt, but made up for it with a TD reception)
6th spot open* (Thomas is way a-head after two pre-season games)

Bubble: M. Thomas and Hodge (Fighting for 6th spot),,,, Thomas was a Favorite for Bones on ST, but in his final year being under a four year vet, while Hodge has at least three years left, So he would be cheaper to keep for long term. Hodge showed he has hands and had some action last season at WR...,
(Thomas had one drop pass, but made up for it with another nice catches in 2nd pre-season game)

3 TE
Higbee
Everett
Mundts *
(UDFA TEs are not really that good, they are not involve in two pre-season games, except they tried to get Blanton involve, he no showed especial when he should of out jump a defender to make a catch, but he didn’t catch it and the defense got a INT, except he had one catch with four targets, I was given Blanton a possibility on my bubble list, but after 2nd Pre-season game, he just drop on my off the bubble list)

8 O-line
Whitworth
Noteboom
Allen
Demby (He played LG, C and LT, Had a rough 2nd pre-season game, he played really bad with three penalties and a bad snap at C and got beat at LG with an inside move by the defense for a RB five yard lost) (But I still have him lock in making the team, he is more suited as a Guard)
RHav
Blythe
Evans (Rookie)*
Edwards (Rookie)*

4gm Sup: Neary, (Will be suspended the first four game)

24 Defense

6 DL
AD
SJD
Brockers
JFM
Gaines (Rookie)
Fox

Bubble: Smart (fighting against other bubble spot for last 3 openings)

5 OLB/Edge Rushers
Fowler
Ebukam
Matthews (Can be move to ILB)
4th spot Open (I’m Given this to OO)
5th spot Open

Bubble: OO (Inside track for the 4th spot), Patrick & Durham & Young (fighting for the 5th OLB spot)
Young is dropping on my list,,, I have both UDFA Patrick and Durham ahead of Young…..

Injured: Lawler (With foot injury, most likely will be sent to the IR)

4 ILB
Littleton
Hager
Allen (Rookie)* (Man this guy is a stud, man he can hit,,,, I’m really liking this pick)

4th spot open:
Howard (He falls into the 4th spot on ILB by default with Kiser's injury, or possibly moving Patrick at ILB where he played in College)

Injury: Kiser (Pec injury, will be heading into IR)

5 CB
Talib
Peters
NRC
Long (Rookie)
Hill

Bubble: D Williams and Peterson (fighting against other bubble spot for last 3 openings)

4 Safeties
Weddle
J. Johnson
Rapp (Rookie) He is looking really good after two ps games
Christian *

Bubble: Scott (Rookie)* (fighting against other bubble spot for last 3 openings) (I feel he has the inside track for one of those spots on ST)(But since he was a 7th round pick, and other DBs stepping up, he is not a lock in my book after 2 ps games….

3 ST
Hekker
GZ
McQ

Bubble1*
Bubble2*
Bubble3*

(*) These players will be rotating the seven Inactive players at game time....

I have three inside tracks for open spots, in OLB, WR, & RB,

Here is my list of Bubble players for the last three spots and two OLB/4th & 5th, RB/4th & WR/6th open spot

Not a Bubble: WR/88Thomas (I have him way ahead for the final 6th spot for WR)

Not a Bubble: RB/42Kelly (Slight edge for the final 4th spot at RB)

Not a Bubble: OLB/45,OO (I’m giving him that 4th spot after his first game in the 2nd ps game, really looked good)

ILB/48Howard (He falls into the 4th spot on ILB by default with Kiser's injury)

Not a Bubble: OLB/57Patrick (I’m giving him that 5th spot after two ps games) UDFA

The rest are for the final three spots for bubble players

OLB/96Durham UDFA (Has been looking good for a spot, has the size to play OLB/DE)

S/46Scott (I had him as a shoe in, but after two ps games and other DBs stepping up, he is no longer a lock)

CB/25Peterson (I’m giving him the slight edge for now)

CB/31D. Williams

CB/27Deayon UDFA

Outside the bubble: Others that might have a chance:

WR/Hodge, (Slim chance the RAMs could keep 7 WRs, cause he is really good at ST)

OLB/49Young

CB/36Hatfield

DT/92Smart

I actually had in the beginning that no UDFA would make this team, unless they had some special skill set for ST….

Well so far I could be wrong,,, I think we could get one maybe two UDFA making the team,,, so far I have my eye on Patrick and Durham….

Any other inputs what others have seen would be appreciated

(I made updates since I started my prediction before camped)

by Dick84
1 week ago
 Total posts:   4075  
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Rapp will get a ton of work in the regular season. He's just a natural football player.
I'm curious to see Long this week to see how he adjusts after his first game.
I think they'll carry 9 OL once Neary is back. Demby didn't look too good at tackle.. but looked solid at guard. Noteboom is the 3rd tackle.. Edwards is the 4th. Evans is the last lineman on the roster, to me, at the moment. Just a bad first outing.
I'm thinking the arrow is pointing up on Allen. Also.. I think Thomas is so much more of a physical presence than Hodge, that it's not even a contest.

by Elvis
1 week ago
 Total posts:   21943  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I think Thomas is more of a lock than Natson and even though Vinny says otherwise, still think Kelly might be ahead of Davis...

by 69RamFan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   704  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Veteran

Elvis wrote:I think Thomas is more of a lock than Natson and even though Vinny says otherwise, still think Kelly might be ahead of Davis...

The reason why I have Natson at the 5th spot, because he is the only one that has skill to return punts....no one comes close to him as a PR and they have been working him out with the second and third unit at WR/slot....

Yes I like Thomas way more than Natson as a WR, but as I stated,,, no one comes close as a PR.... this is why I got Natson as a lock spot....

And I agree with you on Kelly and Davis, I think its a toss up,,, but I like Davis better as a RB, because when he as the ball, he is a slasher.... kind of a now you see him, now you don't when hitting the hole....

by Dick84
1 week ago
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

R4L wrote:Very nicely done. The only disagreement i have is I think Peterson makes the team before hill.

Hill is such a lock that they didn't even play him.

by Indrid Cold
1 week ago
 Total posts:   551  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

Looks good to me. I'd pretty much agree with the 50 spots you have locked down, although I think the LB numbers may go down in favor of another OL and DL.

Dick84 wrote:I think they'll carry 9 OL once Neary is back.

I think Thomas is so much more of a physical presence than Hodge, that it's not even a contest.

I think they have to carry 9 OL even before Neary is back. Can't imagine going 4 games with only 1 interior OL backup (unless Evans is the 4th G, which I hope not). Someone not currently on the team will fill that 9th OL slot, IMO.

I completely agree on Thomas.

Similar to OL, I think there will be a 7th DL. Could be Smart or again someone not yet on the team.

Scott seems to be a near certainty to me. 6th CB and some of last LB spots seem like the only real mystery at this point.

by R4L
6 days ago
 Total posts:   653  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Veteran

Dick84 wrote:Hill is such a lock that they didn't even play him.

Hill is terrible imo. Good tackler, after his guy makes the catch. Don't see how he's a lock

by Dick84
6 days ago
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

R4L wrote:Hill is terrible imo. Good tackler, after his guy makes the catch. Don't see how he's a lock

He's #3 outside corner on the depth chart and they just gave him a contract with about $2 million guaranteed.
He's a lock.

by Dick84
6 days ago
Italy   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Indrid Cold wrote:Looks good to me. I'd pretty much agree with the 50 spots you have locked down, although I think the LB numbers may go down in favor of another OL and DL.

I think they have to carry 9 OL even before Neary is back. Can't imagine going 4 games with only 1 interior OL backup (unless Evans is the 4th G, which I hope not). Someone not currently on the team will fill that 9th OL slot, IMO.

I completely agree on Thomas.

Similar to OL, I think there will be a 7th DL. Could be Smart or again someone not yet on the team.

Scott seems to be a near certainty to me. 6th CB and some of last LB spots seem like the only real mystery at this point.

I assume Evans is the 4th guard, in my scenario. But, I share your concern.

• 1 / 3
28 posts Aug 20 2019