RAMS FANS UNITED - NEWS FLASH
GET YOUR PIKCS IN:

RFU Suicide Game

RFU Pick 5

RFU Fantasy Football (Set Your Lineup)
CLOSE
16 posts
  • 1 / 2
  • 1
  • 2
 by BobCarl
3 months ago
 Total posts:   3009  
 Joined:  Mar 08 2017
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Working with Gruden, players have to know the terminology and playbook ... I'm thinking that McVay's first year in the NFL that he knew the playbook better than the players .... prolly why he got promoted from "secretary" to WR coach within his first year working for Gruden.

 by PARAM
3 months ago
 Total posts:   3934  
 Joined:  Jul 15 2015
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Superstar

Simms, "I just couldn't spit it out".

He probably couldn't have written it out!!!!

 by moklerman
3 months ago
 Total posts:   5401  
 Joined:  Apr 17 2015
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I don't like Simms but I've always thought that Gruden's verbiage was overly complex.

 by Claremontram
3 months ago
 Total posts:   196  
 Joined:  Jun 09 2015
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Jesus, what a complicated mass of verbiage to process and articulate. Not sure how the WRs process that in 2 seconds.

 by aeneas1
3 months ago
 Total posts:   11561  
 Joined:  Sep 13 2015
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Claremontram wrote:Jesus, what a complicated mass of verbiage to process and articulate. Not sure how the WRs process that in 2 seconds.

seems pretty typical to me, and receivers (for example) only have to absorb the part of the play that pertains to them (and count), martz's plays were doozies... anyway, check out this vid:


 by snackdaddy
3 months ago
 Total posts:   5870  
 Joined:  May 30 2015
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

A far cry from street football when I was a kid. "Freddie, run to the Impala, turn around and look for the ball. Johnny, stop at the second telephone pole and go long when I pump fake. Everyone else block".

 by aeneas1
3 months ago
 Total posts:   11561  
 Joined:  Sep 13 2015
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:A far cry from street football when I was a kid. "Freddie, run to the Impala, turn around and look for the ball. Johnny, stop at the second telephone pole and go long when I pump fake. Everyone else block".

when i was a kid, around 10-12, one of the dads on the block took it upon himself to paint the street to look like a football field, yard markers, hash marks, large numbers, etc., it was absolutely kick-ass, pizzed off all of the other parents but he was our hero, ha ha... we also quickly discovered that our prized leather pigskins didn't stand a chance against blacktop, nor did our jeans/knees/elbows.

 by snackdaddy
3 months ago
 Total posts:   5870  
 Joined:  May 30 2015
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:when i was a kid, around 10-12, one of the dads on the block took it upon himself to paint the street to look like a football field, yard markers, hash marks, large numbers, etc., it was absolutely kick-ass, pizzed off all of the other parents but he was our hero, ha ha... we also quickly discovered that our prized leather pigskins didn't stand a chance against blacktop, nor did our jeans/knees/elbows.


Lol, we were poor. We couldn't afford the good footballs. Our footballs were more of a hard rubber material. Held up well in street football. But yeah, the jeans, knees and elbows took a beating. We consider those battle injuries to be a badge of honor. 8-)

  • 1 / 2
  • 1
  • 2
16 posts Dec 10 2019