48 posts
  • 2 / 5
 by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

yeah, fisher was so invested in ensuring goff's future success that he put him in the care of boras and weinke, a tight ends coach newly made oc, and ex nfl qb who had a qb camp, who had never coached in the nfl prior to 2016, nor since.

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38491  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Yeah, that's some insane revisionism going on there.

Foles was ready to quit football, Keenum was a failure and Goff was an epic bust until they got away from him, that's Fisher's legacy...

by Kid Charlamagne
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Exactly, maybe enough time has passed that the narrative can be reshaped and he can get back in the league or get a tv job. Or maybe he just doesn’t see it, kinda like Hue Jackson, it takes a huge ego to run a team and it’s probably hard to hear from random people that you were terrible.
I always liked Fisher but the success McVay’s having makes him look worse and worse, and the fact that some of his players are still around and having great careers is not exactly a feather in his cap.

by Flash
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1206  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

I lost all what respect I had for Fisher when he cut FA Deon Long for having a girl in his dorm but let Britt and Quick off the hook after they flipped their golf cart.

Seemed like a bully move to me. Some 7-9 bullshit!

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Kid Charlamagne wrote:Exactly, maybe enough time has passed that the narrative can be reshaped and he can get back in the league or get a tv job. Or maybe he just doesn’t see it, kinda like Hue Jackson, it takes a huge ego to run a team and it’s probably hard to hear from random people that you were terrible.
I always liked Fisher but the success McVay’s having makes him look worse and worse, and the fact that some of his players are still around and having great careers is not exactly a feather in his cap.

things could not have possibly gone worse for a fired head coach hoping to eventually get another gig, i mean fisher must have spent the last two years shouting "c'mon, are you fucking kidding me!?!" as mcvay made fisher's stint with the rams look more and more inept with every passing game.

by dieterbrock
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

The oline was a mess and Gurley was tending down. The WR core was a disaster led by Britt, Quick and the man who earned a roster spot based off a 2nd half performance against the Cowboys accountants and fast food servers.
@Elvis covered the QB situation.
So McVay comes in and they upgrade the Oline with Big Whit Which helps rejuvenate Gurley, upgrade the WR core with Woods, Kupp and Cooks/Watkins Which all adds up to elevated play of the QB who was playing in a modern day offense.
Any implication that the Fisher left a turn key team is just laughable.
By all accounts of those who went to TC in 2016, Fisher was all in with the offense. It was all his design hence having his stooge-fest of coaches and a charade of “bringing Goff along slowly”
I don’t know if he’s even worthy of a network job.
The guys who have done well in the booth typically use self deprecating humor, we all know how great they were. With Fisher it’s the polar opposite, he’s all about saying how great he was.
Fail

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

you might not see it yet jared but rob and i are molding you into a super bowl qb, there's a method to our ineptness, trust me!

01.jpg

by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:you might not see it yet jared but rob and i are molding you into a super bowl qb, there's a method to our ineptness, trust me!

01.jpg

A better caption would be, “you didn’t know it, don’t blame me, you didn’t know it”

by rams74
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1473  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Gareth wrote:I’ve seen lots of people say in the last few years that Fisher is a great guy but the game had just passed him by etc.

I just don’t see him that way. I see him as a finger pointer and excuse maker. He was horrible as coach of the Rams. His philosophy was to have a dominating defense and an offense that wouldn’t lose the game for you. But the defense was never near good enough to win that way and everybody knows what a disaster the offense was every season. He was stubborn and stupid.

I can’t stand the way he still implies that he deserves credit for what the Rams are doing now. You have to be a real simpleton to buy into it.

He was a reasonably good head coach 20 years ago but has been irrelevant for many years. Yes, the game passed him by a long time ago. If he could admit that to himself, then maybe the great guy label would fit.

I've said this before, I'll say it again. I thought Fisher was a bad hire at the time. I never did think he was a good coach for the Rams. But from a personal standpoint, he grew on me over time. I liked him, and thought he was interesting to listen to. I thought he demonstrated knowledge of the game, even if I didn't agree with his approach.

Now, he has received criticism in every way imaginable. Almost all of it is justified, probably. But the man has the right to defend himself, especially since his record was as bad as it was. He has a right to explain his point of view. Everybody wants to discredit his role (whatever it was) in the drafting of Gurley, Donald, and Goff, but why? I don't begrudge him his desire to be happy for their success.

We're entering year 3 of the McVay era, and we're all thrilled with where we are. I don't feel a need to rehash the failures of the past. Who wants to re-live all that?

• 2 / 5
48 posts Apr 24 2024