48 posts
  • 4 / 5
 by 69RamFan
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3171  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

PARAM wrote:I don't know if Fisher wanted Goff either. But if he didn't he put on a good act in the draft room. His refusal to get him into the lineup sooner than he did was his FINAL demise IMHO. Let's face facts though.....even if he wanted Goff, even if he got him into the lineup from day 1.....under Fisher, his growth and learning potential was as limited as trying to drive a Ferrari in New York City. Impossible.

Donald? I'll give him credit. He was of the defensive mind.

Donald wasn't Fishers guy either,,, Fisher wanted a bigger DT,,,
it was Snead scouting team and the defensive coaching staff...

by PARAM
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:Donald wasn't Fishers guy either,,, Fisher wanted a bigger DT,,,
it was Snead scouting team and the defensive coaching staff...

Well I don't have "inside" knowledge so I can't say for sure. Just looking at his tenure, Donald was drafted in 2014 when Fisher's Rams were 14-17-1. Admittedly not world beaters but way better than the previous 5 years. It would be easy to believe he had as much power then as at any time during his tenure.

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

so fisher's claim is that mcvay is enjoying the talent he assembled, talent that he could only squeeze 4 wins from? and by extension, i'm assuming, fisher was just one season away from winning the nfc west and putting the rams in the postseason for the first time in 13 years? come to think of it, mcvay is kinda like malavasi, who took over and enjoyed knox's great team.

by Neil039
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:so fisher's claim is that mcvay is enjoying the talent he assembled, talent that he could only squeeze 4 wins from? and by extension, i'm assuming, fisher was just one season away from winning the nfc west and putting the rams in the postseason for the first time in 13 years? come to think of it, mcvay is kinda like malavasi, who took over and enjoyed knox's great team.

Jeffery Michael Fisher is the coaching equivalent of a genital wart...my apologies if my comment offends anyone or sends them immediately to their physician.

by moklerman
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:The oline was a mess and Gurley was tending down. The WR core was a disaster led by Britt, Quick and the man who earned a roster spot based off a 2nd half performance against the Cowboys accountants and fast food servers.
@Elvis covered the QB situation.
So McVay comes in and they upgrade the Oline with Big Whit Which helps rejuvenate Gurley, upgrade the WR core with Woods, Kupp and Cooks/Watkins Which all adds up to elevated play of the QB who was playing in a modern day offense.
Any implication that the Fisher left a turn key team is just laughable.
By all accounts of those who went to TC in 2016, Fisher was all in with the offense. It was all his design hence having his stooge-fest of coaches and a charade of “bringing Goff along slowly”
I don’t know if he’s even worthy of a network job.
The guys who have done well in the booth typically use self deprecating humor, we all know how great they were. With Fisher it’s the polar opposite, he’s all about saying how great he was.
Fail
Funny, what you described sounds a lot like Brian Billick to me. He still doesn't understand why he isn't currently a head coach.

by rather
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

The only thing Fisher deserves credit for is creating enough of an appearance that the Rams were trying to win, to get them out of St. Louis. That was the baseline expectation of why he was hired. If he turned out to be actually good, then so much the better.

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

filed under the biggest balls in the world.

firefox_2019-08-20_11-48-32.png

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

Gareth wrote:And manages to throw in a third person reference-always a douchey move.

What a maroon!

ha ha, it could have only been worse if he led with "the", ha ha...

by Hacksaw
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Something smells fishy in that comment . JF clearly doesn't understand what the rest of the world sees here..

• 4 / 5
48 posts Apr 18 2024