14 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by AvengerRam
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Poor Cowboys.

While we enter this season with a content QB and all of our best skill position players on long term deals, they have a RB threatening a holdout, a QB who wants $40M, and a WR who wants to get paid as an elite player.

I really feel bad for th-bwahahahahahahahah! :lol2:

Oh, man...I nearly got through that with a straight face! So close!

by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Poor Cowboys.

While we enter this season with a content QB and all of our best skill position players on long term deals, they have a RB threatening a holdout, a QB who wants $40M, and a WR who wants to get paid as an elite player.

Mortenson said that 40M number is BS.

by snackdaddy
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Is it me or is Prescott overrated? Every time I watch him I don't see anything close to elite. And he wants elite money. There are 16 teams in the NFC. About half of the starting quarterbacks I would take over him. 3 more I would call a tossup at this point. That leaves 5 that I would not take over Prescott. I know quarterbacks get paid, but is he worth even 30 million?

I think the Cowboys are between a rock and a hard place. Pay him elite money and they will never have that elite quarterback. They will need to have a good supporting cast every year around him. But can they do better? Maybe not. All the better ones are taken.

by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

He’s gonna get $30M+ very soon.

by sloramfan
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

dak prescott 30 million?.. you're crazy..

he's barely worth 15... the only reason he's in the elite conversation is because his owner blew it by saying/thinking he is...

go rams

slo

by moklerman
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:dak prescott 30 million?.. you're crazy..

he's barely worth 15... the only reason he's in the elite conversation is because his owner blew it by saying/thinking he is...

go rams

slo
According to Yahoo Sports, he's already turned down $30M from the Cowboys. I guess when you negotiate you have to push the envelope but I think the Cowboys would be a lot better off just putting another guy back there to hand the ball off to Elliott.

by Kid Charlamagne
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Espn put some of his stats up against Wentz’s and Dak came out on top, including head to head, which was surprising.
Your eyes tell you Wentz is better but what do the numbers say?

by AvengerRam
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Prescott’s efficiency numbers are strong, but he averages significantly less yards/game (about 30 less than Wentz, 25 less than Goff). I think most agree that he does well when Elliott is running the ball and he can pick his spots. When he has to carry the offense, his flaws tend to emerge. I disagree with the suggestion that he’s only worth $15M per year, but he’s certainly not worth anything close to $40M.

by Flash
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:Poor Cowboys.

Yeah me too!

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

with dak under center the cowboys have gone from 5th in offensive (his rookie year), to 12th (his sophomore year), to 21st (last year), not exactly the direction you want to be headed, in fact the cowboys rank middle of the pack (16th) in offensive scoring over the last two seasons... anyway, i'm a dak fan, he's talented and i hope he has a nice career, but i don't look at him as a top nfl qb, but since when has that stopped these guys from getting keys to fort knox?

• 1 / 2
14 posts Apr 16 2024