138 posts
  • 4 / 14
 by /zn/
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

max wrote:The point here is that clearly there has been a learning curve on the scheme as Vinny said. It’s early, of course, but we won’t know for sure if/when DH gets it until we see it.

Heck, it may be in Hawaii. We just don’t know for sure yet.

But I was thinking, it also doesn't really matter. They don't need him to get it soon. It would be nice if he got it soon, but it's not vital. Especially with Brown ahead of him anyway. Henderson will contribute a lot this year either way.

by AvengerRam
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I'm concerned not just because of a PS. I look at everything.

This article is worth viewing.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2019/08/13/j ... -blocking/

What am I missing here? That link goes to the same analysis by the same fantasy geek...er... analyst that has already been pointed out to be inconsistent with what Henderson and his former college coach have said about his compatibility in the Rams' offense.

by dieterbrock
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I'm concerned not just because of a PS. I look at everything.

This article is worth viewing.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2019/08/13/j ... -blocking/

That makes it worse.... So what happened to "You know, trust but verify."
We will verify with actual football

by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:What am I missing here? That link goes to the same analysis by the same fantasy geek...er... analyst that has already been pointed out to be inconsistent with what Henderson and his former college coach have said about his compatibility in the Rams' offense.

Where is the post that quotes Henderson and his college coach?

by /zn/
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Where is the post that quotes Henderson and his college coach?

Don't know about a post, but here's the article in question.

From an OC Register article: https://www.ocregister.com/2019/05/11/r ... pace-role/

But like the Rams, the Memphis offense subsisted on a heavy dose of outside zone runs, which asked backs to run off tackle while patiently reading the defense before cutting upfield.

The Rams ran more outside zone than any other team in the NFL last season. That scheme can be a difficult adjustment for some backs, but for the 5-foot-8 Henderson, it shouldn’t be an adjustment at all. Over the past two seasons, according to Pro Football Focus, he led all of college football with a staggering 10.7 yards per carry on such runs. Highlight reels offer endless examples of how Henderson’s extraordinary vision could translate to an NFL zone blocking scheme.

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Although, if you listened to McVay's presser today he did talk a little about Henderson getting up to speed and how that might impact his usage when the season rolls around...

by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Although, if you listened to McVay's presser today he did talk a little about Henderson getting up to speed and how that might impact his usage when the season rolls around...

Yeah, I’m confused.

by NST4
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   68  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

max wrote:Is McVay keeping Henderson under wraps?

With the way Gurley's recovery is going...and the general shelf life of RBs...we should find out pretty soon.

by AvengerRam
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Where is the post that quotes Henderson and his college coach?

Post #20 in this thread.

by AvengerRam
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Although, if you listened to McVay's presser today he did talk a little about Henderson getting up to speed and how that might impact his usage when the season rolls around...

Well, sure... he's a rookie and he's played only one preseason game. I'm sure there's a learning curve. That's different, though, than suggesting that he's not a good fit for the system.

• 4 / 14
138 posts Apr 18 2024