138 posts
  • 1 / 14
 by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Is McVay keeping Henderson under wraps?

I’m not hearing or seeing much from him in TC or last night.

by moklerman
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:I kinda had the opposite feeling.
He followed his blocks & hit what few holes there were hard. Protected the ball and didn’t lose yards trying to be cute.

I liked what little I saw.
Agreed. Didn't put up big numbers but he "looked" good. 6 carries behind a mish-mosh line isn't a bad start.

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I get the feeling preseason is mainly for Henderson to work on pass protection.

He did have one run where he showed some acceleration that made me go wow...

by 69RamFan
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3169  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Henderson showed in camp, in a wheel route,
making a catch like a WR,,, over the shoulders catch...
Showed he has burst on runs threw the hole...

We will see more of him, during the season....
He's main focus in pre-season, is to learn to pick up blocks in pass pro...

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Elvis wrote:I get the feeling preseason is mainly for Henderson to work on pass protection.

He did have one run where he showed some acceleration that made me go wow...

Saw that as well. I'm cautiously optimistic but, he wasn't exactly up against the big guns while in college. No idea how his skills will translate with bigger, faster, and more talented pros up in his grill. The talking heads keep referring to him as some sort of Gurley back up. I don't buy that at all. He's a change-of-pace player just as McVay said he was. That said, so was Tavon Austin and we all know how that worked out. Hope I'm being overly cautious, of course. Rooting for the guy.

by PARAM
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I'll reserve judgement on Henderson until I see him run behind the 1's. Of course that won't be until the season starts.

by max
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:I'll reserve judgement on Henderson until I see him run behind the 1's. Of course that won't be until the season starts.
yeah, that’s the concern. We may have to wait until then. And who know what happens then. It’s gotta be more than just him working on pass pro.

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

max wrote:yeah, that’s the concern. We may have to wait until then. And who know what happens then. It’s gotta be more than just him working on pass pro.

"that's the concern"?

henderson is a 3rd round rookie who is squarely behind gurley and brown on the depth chart - mcvay/snead/etc. have said he gives the rams a kamara element, and is slated to be a situational, change of pace back.

he played 1/3 of the rb snaps in the rams first preseason game, which struck me as a nice start, and plenty was written about him during ota and camp, in fact more was written about him than brown as far as i could tell, and it was all positive, including getting some reps with the 1s.

not sure what else you were expecting to see, read or hear about the guy at this point? in fact it seems like you're already fretting about him?

by max
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:"that's the concern"?

henderson is a 3rd round rookie who is squarely behind gurley and brown on the depth chart - mcvay/snead/etc. have said he gives the rams a kamara element, and is slated to be a situational, change of pace back.

he played 1/3 of the rb snaps in the rams first preseason game, which struck me as a nice start, and plenty was written about him during ota and camp, in fact more was written about him than brown as far as i could tell, and it was all positive, including getting some reps with the 1s.

not sure what else you were expecting to see, read or hear about the guy at this point? in fact it seems like you're already fretting about him?

Yeah, lots was written about him, including the Kamara stuff.

Still waiting to see it.

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Yeah, lots was written about him, including the Kamara stuff. Still waiting to see it.

chris warren and ryan nall had arguably the best 2018 preseason among rbs, what did that tell you? nick chubb only averaged 3.5 yards per carry, what did that tell you? but you're waiting to see something from henderson? okey-dokey.

• 1 / 14
138 posts Apr 16 2024