138 posts
  • 5 / 14
 by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Post #20 in this thread.

Got it. Thanks. I missed that somehow the first time.

Man, I just don't get it. Matt Waldman was endorsing that Moyer analysis. So weird.

I give up. Just gonna watch the games and let it happen.

by AvengerRam
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I give up. Just gonna watch the games and let it happen.

That's a good plan.

Look... we all want to know how things will play out with the new guys, and it can be fun to try to glean information early in the process, but sometimes you just have to wait, as difficult as patience can be...

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Elvis wrote:Although, if you listened to McVay's presser today he did talk a little about Henderson getting up to speed and how that might impact his usage when the season rolls around...

Reading the transcript today, i don't seen anything about what i wrote above. Am i insane?

by max
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Reading the transcript today, i don't seen anything about what i wrote above. Am i insane?

Well, you're hanging out on this board with a bunch of lunatics, so probably. Not sure it has anything to do with the transcript though. :D

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Well, sure... he's a rookie and he's played only one preseason game. I'm sure there's a learning curve. That's different, though, than suggesting that he's not a good fit for the system.

or a disappointment so far.

by max
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:or a disappointment so far.

The disappointment so far is way over the top, mostly perpetrated by fantasy wild men. It's gotten to the point where I can't listen to some of those guys anymore. They have a fit every time any skill player breaks a nail.

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
Administrator

AvengerRam wrote:That's a good plan.

Look... we all want to know how things will play out with the new guys, and it can be fun to try to glean information early in the process, but sometimes you just have to wait, as difficult as patience can be...

This is one of those times when you can have your cake and eat it too. Enjoy the speculation, over analysis, rumors knowing full well, as always, the proof will be in the pudding.

The circus is not always informative but it's fun and what else are we gonna do between now and kickoff?

by AvengerRam
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:This is one of those times when you can have your cake and eat it too. Enjoy the speculation, over analysis, rumors knowing full well, as always, the proof will be in the pudding.

The circus is not always informative but it's fun and what else are we gonna do between now and kickoff?

Same thing I do every day. Try to take over the world.

by max
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:This is one of those times when you can have your cake and eat it too. Enjoy the speculation, over analysis, rumors knowing full well, as always, the proof will be in the pudding.

Yeah, stirring the pot is interesting for me, but it usually gets me in trouble. I'm kind of bored with the Henderson speculation now anyway.

Now I'm interested in who plays in Hawaii. Does McVay play a few more starters this time? I hope he plays Bortles more than a few minutes. I've seen quite enough of Allen at QB. Just painful to watch and I think it hurts the other players trying to make the team or get their timing down.

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
Administrator

max wrote:Yeah, stirring the pot is interesting for me, but it usually gets me in trouble. I'm kind of bored with the Henderson speculation now anyway.

Now I'm interested in who plays in Hawaii. Does McVay play a few more starters this time? I hope he plays Bortles more than a few minutes. I've seen quite enough of Allen at QB. Just painful to watch and I think it hurts the other players trying to make the team or get their timing down.

I'm the opposite. I want the starters to play less. I want to be in regular season mode as soon as possible.

I do think a substantial amount of starters won't make the trip but we'll see.

It may be too soon to be thinking about this, but why put your body clock through that just to stand around and watch the backups and scrubs play? Our first game is a 10 am kickoff in Carolina. Like i said, probably too soon but you know McVay thinks about this stuff...

• 5 / 14
138 posts Apr 18 2024