138 posts
  • 14 / 14
 by dieterbrock
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

max wrote:That makes no sense.

McVay acquired Dunbar because he wanted a change of pace RB to complement Gurley. That didn’t work out cause Dunbar wasn’t physically able.

One of the results was Gurley getting overworked. As Gurley said, only he and Brown were active on game day and Brown played STs. That was Gurley telling us he was getting overworked.

McVay then went to the draft to get his change of pace RB. Henderson catches the ball well and has more speed than Brown. He ain’t getting his time limited because of a power back like Brown. That part of your statement is absurd. McVay has a plan for DH, and we’ll all get to see it on the field in a few weeks.

What's absurd is trying to have a conversation with someone who keeps moving the goal posts. Now we are going back to Lance Dunbar? And your ludicrous "overworked" theory?
Wow.
Dunbar replaced Bennie Cunningham, but I digress.
I'm glad you understand Henderson potential role, change of pace, 3rd down, wheel route stuff. Welcome to the party.
What about your "significant snaps" nonsense? Yeah, just whisk that one under the rug
The only RB that will have "significant snaps" is #30, and if you think that's absurd, I don't know what to say.

by /zn/
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Thompson year 4. 2016, McVay as coordinator.

68 runs (17.9% of total runs), 62 targets/49 receptions (10.45% of targets/ 8.26% of receptions).

Why year 4? He wasn't used much in years 1 and 2. In year 3 McVay starts calling the plays and uses him a lot more. Arguably he knew what he had in year 4 and took better advantage of it.

IMO Henderson is playing a lot in the pre-season because that's how the McVay Rams develop rookies. They put them in action against a live opponent, go over the film, fix things, send them out again, repeat. DH got 20 snaps in game 1 and 31 in game 2. All 8 of the Rams draft picks have seen time on the field this pre-season. Not counting the 2 linemen, the other 6 have gotten anywhere from 34 to 61 snaps (with Long getting the most).

The drafted rookies (and probably all of the UDFAs) get time in the pre-season because that's the method the Rams use to coach them up. No matter who they are.

by max
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:The only RB that will have "significant snaps" is #30, and if you think that's absurd, I don't know what to say.

Well, we agree that you don’t know what to say.

by BobCarl
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:The only RB that will have "significant snaps" is #30, and if you think that's absurd, I don't know what to say.

I agree 100% ... beyond that, Henderson already shines!

by dieterbrock
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Well, we agree that you don’t know what to say.

Yes talking to a moron is difficult. But I’ll keep trying. How will you contradict yourself this time?
Please enlighten with your nonsense.

by max
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Thompson year 4. 2016, McVay as coordinator.

68 runs (17.9% of total runs), 62 targets/49 receptions (10.45% of targets/ 8.26% of receptions).

Why year 4? He wasn't used much in years 1 and 2. In year 3 McVay starts calling the plays and uses him a lot more. Arguably he knew what he had in year 4 and took better advantage of it.

IMO Henderson is playing a lot in the pre-season because that's how the McVay Rams develop rookies. They put them in action against a live opponent, go over the film, fix things, send them out again, repeat. DH got 20 snaps in game 1 and 31 in game 2. All 8 of the Rams draft picks have seen time on the field this pre-season. Not counting the 2 linemen, the other 6 have gotten anywhere from 34 to 61 snaps (with Long getting the most).

The drafted rookies (and probably all of the UDFAs) get time in the pre-season because that's the method the Rams use to coach them up. No matter who they are.

I agree with this take.

Chris Thompson is a good comp, though I expect DH to be more explosive and more durable. And it’s obtuse to say his snaps won’t be significant. If his contribution is productive, then his snaps are significant. 7 touches per game is a good goal.

by Elvis
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

McVay from his latest PC:

(On what he saw from RB Darrell Henderson Jr. after watching tape of Saturday’s game)

“I think really just more opportunities than anything else. You could see he was another week more comfortable. There’s still some things that we can definitely do better. I don’t think he’s really had much of a chance with the exception of a couple runs that he had starting off really with the two-minute drive when he had a couple wide-zone runs and then another downhill, direct run. Other than that in the run-game, there really wasn’t any space to operate with to really be able to truly evaluate him from that perspective. But, I thought he caught the ball well. You could see, that was a big third-down catch he made on that first drive. You see the speed out of the backfield. That’s some big time players, when you’ve got (LB) Jaylon Smith covering him and he’s able to do that even if he and (LB Leighton) Vander Esch did kind of collide, you could see coming out of the backfield, (QB) Blake (Bortles) delivered him a good ball. I thought it was a step in the right direction for (RB) Darrell (Henderson Jr.) without a doubt.”

• 14 / 14
138 posts Apr 19 2024