44 posts
  • 4 / 5
 by /zn/
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:This combo with Tony Banks and Jerry Rhome would not have been the GSOT, or even good for that matter...

Of course not.

Added through edit, 2nd thoughts. I read that too quickly the first time. It would not have been AS good, it would have still been a good OL though. The Rams wouldn't have won much without a qb or an effective offensive coordinator. No offense wins a lot if all they have is the OL. So I agree, it would not have been the GSOT without a qb or good coordinator (and no one would ever say it was). But it would have been a good OL regardless. That was just a good OL.

by R4L
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

rams74 wrote:Calling the Seahawks the Hags, the Cardinals the Deadbirds, the 49ers the Whiners, is bullying? Juvenile and mean-spirited, sure. Bullying? Not sure I see that...

Yeah no doubt. Shitsburg, Tampon bay, Kansas shitty. We all have nicknames for teams we don't like.

by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

R4L wrote:Yeah no doubt. Shitsburg, Tampon bay, Kansas shitty. We all have nicknames for teams we don't like.

Not all of us.

I know many posters who don’t.

by R4L
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

max wrote:Not all of us.

I know many posters who don’t.

Not seeing the point in this. Bullying people is wrong, I agree. Making up names for teams you don't like is not. Imo

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I don't really do it myself but i'm not morally opposed to it, trash talking can be a fun part of sports, within reason of course...

by actionjack
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3934  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

max wrote:Just a personal feeling here.

I totally detest when anyone uses a derogatory nickname for the Rams. I hate negative nicknames for anyone actually. It makes me irate and defensive for anyone who gets labeled in that way. I think it’s juvenile and mean spirited and bullying.

LOL we are on a Rams board right? I am surrounded by niner and raider fans most of which use the "Lambs" moniker for the Rams. That is how we refer to our teams on Sundays. Bullying really??? More pussification being proliferated in this country. Note I detest actual bullying.

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I've said this before but the Rams had Saffold for 10 years. They were terrible on offense 8 of them.

I feel like there are other more important factors at play...

saffold was a punchline to many rams fans for years, a guy who couldn't stay healthy, a jack of all trades master of none, and a guy who was part of one of the league's very worst offenses of the 2010s - now he's tom mack.

personally i was always a big saffold fan, and back in the day used to post gifs defending his play in response to rams fans who weren't at all impressed with what he brought to the table... anyway, happy as hell for saffold, he's worked his ass off and has finally gotten paid, damn good for him, but i think the rams will be just fine going forward.

by Rampager
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   32  
United States of America   Alaska
Undrafted Free Agent

R4L wrote:Yeah no doubt. Shitsburg, Tampon bay, Kansas shitty. We all have nicknames for teams we don't like.

Tampon bay LMAO. I'll have to steal that one :lol2:

by Elvis
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

R4l: The Chefs don't play in Kansas. They are a Missouri team. They are so embarrassed about their state they didn't even name the town after their own state. I refer to them as the Chefs as in serving up another loss.

• 4 / 5
44 posts Apr 15 2024