35 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by /zn/
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

max wrote:They had cars when you were young?

Witty teasing :D

Not just CARS.

Convertible VW bugs.

Which is what that was.

by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:Not just CARS.

Convertible VW bugs.

Which is what that was.

Cool.

Classic nazi design

by dieterbrock
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:Great post, I like Cooks as well, but he is as Warren Sapp use to say "a shiny hood ornament". When you need a WR to make a play its Woods and Kupp. I really hope we can keep both fresh. If we get leads this year, I want Woods and Kupp out the game immediately. We have great depth anyone.

Cooks had 8 catches for 120 yards and was clear PI preventing a TD.

by snackdaddy
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:There's a vid of him working rehab (interestingly his wife joined him in workouts). In the middle of the vid, the Rams medical/training people said he was actually doing things as a receiver he had not done BEFORE the surgery, ie. that Kupp post-surgery had actually expanded the range of things he could do.

You might be on to something. I came across a secret video of the surgery.

by phoenixrising
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

max wrote:I think what was exposed is who is the most feared WR on the Rams, and its not Cooks.

Belichick always takes away the weapon he fears the most, and in the SB he took away Woods, he doubled him, and mostly singled up on Cooks. Whats interesting is that he had Cook on his team and let him go. He knows Cooks strengthens and weaknesses. And one big weakness is Cooks is not good at contested balls and he's not the clutch WR that Woods are Kupp are. I would bet a ton of money that Kupp catches both those TD throws that Cooks didn't.

On top of all this, its clear to me that the best 3rd down guy the Rams have is Kupp and the chemistry between Kupp and Goff is magical. So the Pats would have had a huge problem if Kupp and Woods were on the field in the SB.

Certainly, Cooks is the deep threat that can take the top off a defense, but he's no Steve Smith. He's not even DeSean Jackson. I like Cooks, and he is a valuable weapon, but for my money the best Rams WR is either Woods or Kupp.

I'm not sure it's that simple regarding the Super Bowl. Didn't Belechick put his best CB, Gilmore, on Cooks? That also shows respect. Cooks is a much better route runner than DS Jackson. But I basically agree with your assessment. Cooks through this point in his career has never quite lived up to the billing that his stats and talents would indicate.

It never gained much traction, but I remember Vikings Coach Zimmer saying that Kupp was the best WR of the three back in Kupp's rookie season.

by /zn/
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

phoenixrising wrote:I'm not sure it's that simple regarding the Super Bowl. Didn't Belechick put his best CB, Gilmore, on Cooks? That also shows respect. Cooks is a much better route runner than DS Jackson. But I basically agree with your assessment. Cooks through this point in his career has never quite lived up to the billing that his stats and talents would indicate.

It never gained much traction, but I remember Vikings Coach Zimmer saying that Kupp was the best WR of the three back in Kupp's rookie season.

The Bellichick thing is to double your best WR and then put their best coverage guy on your second WR. The guy they doubled was Woods.

I like Cooks but he plays a role. For example he isn't very good with contested ball. It;s all better when all 3 are in there. Cooks is more than just a deep guy, they use him a lot of ways, but he's not going to be your #1.

by actionjack
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

dieterbrock wrote:Cooks had 8 catches for 120 yards and was clear PI preventing a TD.

IMO it was borderline PI, maybe 60-40 PI, bottom line he dropped two TD's that I think Woods and Kupp make. Now dont get me wrong I love love Cooks and his speed and I hope another year in the system will be bring more down field TD's.

by Haden
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

actionjack wrote:IMO it was borderline PI, maybe 60-40 PI, bottom line he dropped two TD's that I think Woods and Kupp make. Now dont get me wrong I love love Cooks and his speed and I hope another year in the system will be bring more down field TD's.

I've got to agree with Actionjack. many receivers make the catches that Cooks dropped. They were catchable balls but not easy ones for sure. However, that said, I like Cooks and believe he is a real asset. A great offense needs someone to take the top off of the defense.

by dieterbrock
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:IMO it was borderline PI, maybe 60-40 PI, bottom line he dropped two TD's that I think Woods and Kupp make. Now dont get me wrong I love love Cooks and his speed and I hope another year in the system will be bring more down field TD's.

Even the NFL admitted it was PI. Who makes that catch? Gilmore totally had his arm.
Then Goff missed him being wide open when McCourty made a great play.
8 catches for 120 and 2 TD where he blew past the Pats. How much more do you want from a WR?
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl- ... riots/amp/

by rams74
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1472  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:Even the NFL admitted it was PI. Who makes that catch? Gilmore totally had his arm.
Then Goff missed him being wide open when McCourty made a great play.
8 catches for 120 and 2 TD where he blew past the Pats. How much more do you want from a WR?
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl- ... riots/amp/

The guy's a bum. 4 straight 1,000 yard seasons with 3 different teams? And that's the best he can do? Come on, man. 120 yards in the Super Bowl? That's it??? How about win once in a while?

I'd much rather have Sammy Watkins back. Wonder if Andy Reid would trade us straight up Watkins for Cooks?

• 2 / 4
35 posts Apr 19 2024