by /zn/
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6764  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:https://theathletic.com/1124120/2019/08 ... -has-made/

The ‘perfect throw’ that showed how much progress Jared Goff has made

By Vincent Bonsignore Aug 7, 2019

Goff not only showed that he had the nerve and arm strength to attempt a throw against such tight coverage, but he also accurately delivered it on time.

“There was a lot of traffic in there,” McVay marveled afterward. “Had to be a perfect throw.”

It was an absolute strike.

That;s THE signature Goff thing, IMO.

The uncanny perfect throw.

Like the one to Kupp in the endzone against the Vikes that dropped into the receivers arms over 2 defenders. It was so good the announcer when it happened just blurted "Come ON!" As in, get real, this doesn't happen, unbelievable, you must be shittin me. He didn't say anything else, just "Come ON!"

by Neil039
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:ha ha, yeah, i guess i do come across as goff's mom from time to time but, quite honestly, i think it's just a byproduct of simply trying to show folks just how impressive his numbers have been over the last couple of years, the guy has played at a high level, which is all but lost on talking heads and a lot of nfl fans.

I don’t mind him getting lost in the number shuffle for a few more years. He’s maturing and will be the face of the team when needed. Let Gurly, AD, Talib and others take the media brunt while Goff continues to grow...just my opinion.

by Kid Charlamagne
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
Veteran

Have to say I don’t miss all the name calling from the old pd forum, those were the days.

by Hacksaw
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Kid Charlamagne wrote:Have to say I don’t miss all the name calling from the old pd forum, those were the days.

And it still lives on as strong as ever. :roll2: :lol2:

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2083  
Pro Bowl

Napa has long been famous for both selling and delivering car parts. They should probably drop the wine moonlighting. Not good to drink and drive, so I am told.

by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:That;s THE signature Goff thing, IMO.

The uncanny perfect throw.

Like the one to Kupp in the endzone against the Vikes that dropped into the receivers arms over 2 defenders. It was so good the announcer when it happened just blurted "Come ON!" As in, get real, this doesn't happen, unbelievable, you must be shittin me. He didn't say anything else, just "Come ON!"

It was Joe Buck. And he also said “have a day Jared Goff”

by snackdaddy
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9662  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

This is just another instance of Goff continuing to grow. Year one with McVay he stayed inside the system pretty well. Year two he had to step outside of it a few times. No bigger play than the one to Everett in the NFCCG. Year 3 I think he takes another step towards being among the elite.

I know with Sean McVay there will always be some who won't credit Goff for whatever he does down the road. They will give all the credit to McVay. Some people just can't change an opinion when its formed. Once a narrative starts to stick its hard to avoid that these days. That is fine with me. As long as he keeps playing and improving. And winning games.

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

yeah, this gets the juices flowing!

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

NFL: Rams Fans Might not Recognize Jared Goff This Season
by Matt Wilsonon August 10, 2019
https://www.sportscasting.com/nfl/nfl-r ... ared-goff/

After last season’s tough Super Bowl loss, the Los Angeles Rams are putting together the pieces in the offseason and looking great doing it. Case in point: QB Jared Goff, who has completed his transformation from a skinny first-round pick to an almost unrecognizable bulked-up form.

The transformation is real. After several years of NFL observers fretting over whether Goff’s thin frame could stand up to the rigors of NFL-level play, suddenly the fresh-faced QB cuts an ideal football player silhouette.

How Jared Goff changed his offseason routine

Goff himself is shy about revealing his routine, or even acknowledging how unrecognizable his newfound bulk makes him. Rams RB Todd Gurley happily does the talking for him. “Nah, he definitely was getting after it in the weight room,” Gurley said, beaming with pride at his teammate’s hard work.

Gurley’s nagging knee issues are one of the more pressing issues for the Rams alongside Goff’s need to improve, so fans should be pleased to see both players fixated on improving their bodies in the offseason.

In the same interview, Jared Goff credits DT Aaron Donald for the inspiration to keep going. Goff said, “I see him working out every single day on Instagram. I’m like, man, I gotta get my butt in the weight room.” A glance at Donald’s Instagram really drives that point home.

Key observers like what they see from Goff

Goff’s new muscled-up body obviously makes a lot of sense for keeping up with the demands of the NFL, so it’s worth getting excited about. Savvy football fans demand more from players than pure size increases, of course.

The question has to be asked: Is Goff’s newfound training discipline really capable of changing his game? Training camp observers have great things to report on his improvements. He’s shortening his windup to the unnoticeable quick motion common to elite quarterbacks. His larger upper body nonetheless appears to be rotating and reacting with greater flexibility than before. And his rookie experience is finally delivering a more polished mental product, with Goff contributing directly to offensive concepts rather than playing a passive role.

These are key developments that point to major improvements for a QB who already helped the Rams finish with a 13-3 record and make it to the Super Bowl. Can Jared Goff and his teammates make it back to the big game to cap off their 2019-20 season?

Vegas odds are a vote of confidence for the Rams and Goff

One of the best ways to measure whether a team has a realistic chance to improve is to see what Vegas odds say. After all, nothing quite brings out the unbiased truth like having to put money on the line.

Before training camp, Jared Goff’s odds to level up his game enough to take the NFL MVP award this year were a cool 60-1. That put him behind 42-year-old Tom Brady’s upcoming potential improvement. After his training camp debut gave us the first sustained public look at his progress, Vegas took note and bumped him up to a much safer 30-1.

Journalists, coaches, Vegas bookies, and Rams fans all like what they see. Whether Goff’s physical and mental upgrades will be the ingredients that give the Rams another attempt at the Lombardi trophy is up in the air, but the odds look good.

• 2 / 3
24 posts Apr 25 2024