242 posts
  • 5 / 25
 by PARAM
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Will0120 wrote:@PARAM, should I send you an invitation link then?

I was interested if you guys were stuck. I don't want to take anyone's spot. If DB wants to opt out let Max manage a team. Thanks though.

by Will0120
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1172  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

max wrote:I’m interested if another spot opens

Hey Max,

PA and DB are graciously giving you the first right of refusal on joining the league. What says you? 8-)

by max
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Will0120 wrote:Hey Max,

PA and DB are graciously giving you the first right of refusal on joining the league. What says you? 8-)

Many thanks to all. Count me in.

by Will0120
4 years 8 months ago
Commissioner

max wrote:Many thanks to all. Count me in.

Perfect, PM coming your way for the join link. 8-)

by max
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Will0120 wrote:Perfect, PM coming your way for the join link. 8-)

Done. When is the draft? What is the scoring, and all that stuff?

Found it. Sept 2nd. All set.

by Will0120
4 years 8 months ago
Commissioner

Update 8/15:

It's the annual managers' meeting/voting time! Please feel free to bring up discussions regarding league rules, settings, etc. and we can put them to a vote if necessary.

I'll start off. This was discussed last year and we stayed status quo at the time but I think it warrants another conversation for the sake of league competitiveness.

Bench Roster: 5 vs. 6. We are currently at 6 plus 1 IR spot. I find that results in a lot of the teams stashing players making the FA pool VERY thin. I think it'll help if we reduce the roster down to 5 bench spots plus the 1 IR.

I'll leave the vote open until 8/19 EOD.

Thanks! :)

by Will0120
4 years 8 months ago
Commissioner

max wrote:Done. When is the draft? What is the scoring, and all that stuff?

Found it. Sept 2nd. All set.

We'll be discussing the live draft date/time next week. It'll be a consensus based approach.

by max
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Will0120 wrote:
Update 8/15:

It's the annual managers' meeting/voting time! Please feel free to bring up discussions regarding league rules, settings, etc. and we can put them to a vote if necessary.

I'll start off. This was discussed last year and we stayed status quo at the time but I think it warrants another conversation for the sake of league competitiveness.

Bench Roster: 5 vs. 6. We are currently at 6 plus 1 IR spot. I find that results in a lot of the teams stashing players making the FA pool VERY thin. I think it'll help if we reduce the roster down to 5 bench spots plus the 1 IR.

I'll leave the vote open until 8/19 EOD.

Thanks! :)

My experience after being in a 20 year league, we dropped the IR 7 years ago, and it eliminated a lot of arguments and problems.

by Will0120
4 years 8 months ago
Commissioner

max wrote:My experience after being in a 20 year league, we dropped the IR 7 years ago, and it eliminated a lot of arguments and problems.

I don't believe we've had any issues surrounding the IR spot in our league yet. I think it's cause Yahoo has default rules in place on who you can/not place into the IR spot depending on the player's official injury status. Takes out the human factor in that case. I have found it really useful since it's rough to have to hold on to a high caliber player that may have been hurt for multiple weeks and taking up valuable bench spots.

Anyone else has a take on the IR spot, feel free to chime in :)

by max
4 years 8 months ago
Hall of Fame

Will0120 wrote:I don't believe we've had any issues surrounding the IR spot in our league yet. I think it's cause Yahoo has default rules in place on who you can/not place into the IR spot depending on the player's official injury status. Takes out the human factor in that case. I have found it really useful since it's rough to have to hold on to a high caliber player that may have been hurt for multiple weeks and taking up valuable bench spots.

Anyone else has a take on the IR spot, feel free to chime in :)

I’m in CBS league. So could be the difference.

• 5 / 25
242 posts Apr 18 2024