15 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

The Rams ranked 3rd in yards per rushing attempt, and 6th in sack % allowed last year.

I'd say that translates to a Top 5 OL.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Oh, Chris AllSizzle,NoSteak! Long has an opinion on the Rams, now that the Rams are perennial Playoff participants......you know, unlike when Chris Long was collecting his millions from Los Ramos?
Wow....Chris Long is expressing his opinion on today's Rams eh.
ME: Pardon me while I go home and have a nap!!! :x

Speaking of NFL Linemen who never made a Top Five List in their entire career...

one Chris Long! :idea2: :arrow2: :oops2:

Of course, I am not saying he sucked..... :roll2: ....but, here's a question for Long lovers: Did that overated former Virginia Cavalier who was picked NUMBER TWO OVERALL by Billy Devaney....um, did that Chris Long guy ever make it to a single Pro Bowl in his career??!! :?2: Just askin' :idea2:

Anybody???

Look up the phrase "undeserved privilege via nepotistic connection" and Chris Long's picture is there.

Full Disclosure: I never like Howie Long.....and I thought his boy was way over-rated as a Defensive Player.

Again.....echoing Chris Long.....not saying HE SUCKED.....just saying his production, especially as a Ram, never measured up to his hype and mouth. :idea2:

As always, JMO.

by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

firefox_2019-07-18_10-08-47.png

have to agree with long... was there an oline that benefited more from scheme (play action, misdirection, traps, wr crack backs, pace, etc.) than the rams oline over the past couple of years? and when that scheme broke down against a defense that was prepared for it (think super bowl), what happened to the rams oline play? anyway, imo mcvay has done one helluva job putting his olinemen in a position to succeed over the last couple of years with his x/o, the polar opposite of fisher's one dimensional, prehistoric nonsense, and i see no reason why mcvay can't continue this success in 2019.

by Elvis
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38509  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

As a Dlineman, Long is talking, probably, more about the lineman individually, how hard each one is to go against one on one but as we've come to learn, that's only part of what makes a line effective or ineffective. Coaching, scheme, QB play, they're all huge factors...

by max
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

I think we will greatly miss Saffold. He was a terrific OG when healthy.

There is no way the Rams have a top 5 OL this year personal wise.

by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I'm not particularly concerned about the way each individual OL is rated, nor do I care if the unit's success is "scheme-based" rather than the product of elite players.

All I care about it the overall performance of the offense. If the RBs have holes to run through and Goff has time to throw, I'm good.

by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I think we will greatly miss Saffold. He was a terrific OG when healthy. There is no way the Rams have a top 5 OL this year personal wise.

saffold was a punchline to many rams fans for the first 7 years of his career, a guy who couldn't stay healthy, a guy who wasn't much of a difference maker on an oline that ranged from bad to average (depending on who you asked) from 2010 to 2016... now he's a bona fide stud who's the 5th highest paid guard in the league, thanks in large part to mcvay's tremendously successful offense.

• 1 / 2
15 posts Apr 25 2024