1 post
  • 1 / 1
 by AvengerRam
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

The Ram have scored more points over the past two seasons combined than any other NFL team.

And I think they can get even better.

There are three guys who, in my opinion, can take the Rams' offense into the stratosphere (GSOT zone, if you will) where words like "unstoppable" could be applied:

Cooper Kupp
It was such a shame that he was injured last year. He was on his way to a huge season statistically. He is also arguably the Rams offensive player who creates the greatest mismatches. Simply stated, slot-CBs, LBs and safeties simply can't cover him. And, as we saw before the injury, once he hits his stride, he can take it to the house from anywhere. All indications are that he's progressed well from the ACL repair. I won't be shocked if he starts somewhat slowly, but I'm betting he'll be back to his old self by midseason. As long as he's on the field, someone is always going to be open.

Gerald Everett
He's teased us for two years with occasional plays that show off his athletic ability and play making skills. The question remains... can he become a consistent threat. We all expected a learning curve, given his smaller school background, but now seems to be the time for it to come together. I don't expect him to catch 50+ passes or exceed 700 yards (there simply are not enough footballs to go around). What I'm looking for is an increase in impactful plays (20+ yard receptions, TDs - particularly in the Red Zone). If he can capture the attention of opposing defenses in any significant way, that will be a big boost.

Darrell Henderson
Regardless of the condition of Todd Gurley's knee, he'll need a breather from time to time. Malcolm Brown will have a role, due to his "solid" (rarely loses yards, doesn't fumble, good blocker) nature. Henderson, by contrast, could serve a different role. He's a home run hitter. If he can break some big runs (or receptions) in his limited opportunities (maybe even a few in dual back formations with Gurley), the sight of #30 on the sideline will no longer put opposing defenses in a comfort zone.

Chef McVay has a lot of ingredients. Looking forward to seeing what he serves up this year.

• 1 / 1
1 post Apr 16 2024