40 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

max wrote:VB is not gonna give you “insider” stuff and jeopardize his access.

Wait a second...

Vinny markets himself as a "Los Angeles Rams/NFL beat writer for The Athletic L.A. & Rams/NFL Insider for LA's AM 570 Sports."

If he's not going to share "insider" stuff, then why market himself as an "insider"? That would be like a guy saying "I'm a chef... but you can't try my food."

by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

rams74 wrote:Why is it that the word "flare" is always followed by the word "up"? Is it possible to flare down? If that's not possible, and it's always an up direction in which something flares, isn't "flare up" redundant? Wouldn't it be sufficient to just say "flare" without the "up"?

Things that make me go "hmmmm" on July 8, while waiting for training camp...

If you have less than 18 pieces of flair, you need to flair up. Of course, some people have 37 pieces of flair (and a terrific smile), because they want to express themselves.

Or are we talking about two entirely different things?

by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:No one who reports on the Rams closely and knows them well predicts he is "done."

You keep bringing this straw man up...

Has anyone here asserted that Gurley is done? Has anyone here suggested that a reputable reporter (if there is such a thing in sports "journalism") has said he's done?

Why do you keep mentioning this?

by rams74
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1471  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

/zn/ wrote:I take it you're not being heavy duty serious so I will respond in kind. As in, just talk, no big. 8-) So if you want, you can say that sometimes Gurley's knee "flares." But as I see it, "flares up" is a phrase with a distinct meaning.

Actually, it's all the talk about a certain athlete's "arthritic" knee that I can't be heavy duty serious about.

by max
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Vinny was giving us the company line going into 2016 about Case Keenum and the offense but he turned pretty quick when the results weren't there.

He's certainly in a better position to know stuff than we are. Besides the pressers he talks to people, spends time around the facility, watches some of the the practices, etc.

But that hardly makes him infallible or all knowing.

That's how this stuff works...

Certainly, no one is infallible. And VB doesn’t know a huge amount, but he knows more than we do.

I have DM conversations with him on a fairly regular basis, he’s not sharing anything earth shattering, just adding more emphasis to his positions. Gurley has an arthritic knee. And no one knows how much, if at all, it effects him this year. Anyone who says they do is FOS.

by max
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:You keep bringing this straw man up...

Has anyone here asserted that Gurley is done? Has anyone here suggested that a reputable reporter (if there is such a thing in sports "journalism") has said he's done?

Why do you keep mentioning this?

No one here has asserted that Gurley is done.

But there are guys like Cian Fahey who says Gurley's knee is disintegrated.

by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

max wrote:No one here has asserted that Gurley is done.

But there are guys like Cian Fahey who says Gurley's knee is disintegrated.

My first reaction when I read this was.. "who?"

Thanks, Google:
https://deadspin.com/football-writer-ci ... 1822041010

by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Anyone who says they do is FOS.

"Friend of Sean"?

by /zn/
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

max wrote:No one here has asserted that Gurley is done.

Yeah no one here has said it. I was referring to the press. But I do see posts where some here say that some in the press have said it. Either way I haven't seen anyone of any appreciable value as a reporter say it. I've only seen marginal guys say it.

by max
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:My first reaction when I read this was.. "who?"

Thanks, Google:
https://deadspin.com/football-writer-ci ... 1822041010

Guess you’re not familiar with his presnap reads reports. I’m sure A1 and other more astute posters are.

Here’s a link to one I’m sure you’ll absolutely adore.

https://presnapreads.com/the-rams-shoul ... ared-goff/

• 3 / 4
40 posts Apr 18 2024