45 posts
  • 1 / 5
 by ramsfan1977
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

I received my DTV statement today and said my auto renewal of ST will begin next month @ $48.99 per month for 6 months. I called and told them I wanted a loyalty credit for having ST every year since inception. Also said that is the only thing keeping me with DTV. They gave me $25 monthly credit for 12 months. So it kind of pays for the season total of ST broken out over the year. I would call soon while they are willing to negotiate.

by dieterbrock
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
Hall of Fame

I called late last year, 1st week of September I think. So I have to wait until my year is up.

by Rams43
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   64  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

I would love to cancel my DirectTV.

Need some help from posters with experience using IPTV, if possible.

For example:

Can one subscribe and use with merely a smart TV? IOW, not require hardware such as Kodi, Firefox, etc?

Since one would no longer have a dvr , can one retrieve (possibly via streaming) previously broadcast programming such as dramas, movies, sports events?

How frequent are the program streaming interruptions, really?

Is the picture quality comparable to DirectTV hi-def?

Does one really get the premium movie channels such as HBO, etc?

Can one household be watching two different programs on their two separate TV’s simultaneously?

And all of this is for a mere $20 or so per month, give or take?

Any details about a provider with which you’re happy would certainly be appreciated, btw.

Help a brutha out here. Lol.

by ramsfan1977
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
Pro Bowl

After you do the math how many games am I going to have to use DTV for Rams games since they are now America's team? Between prime time and the Fox afternoon doubleheader game nationally. Maybe 7 or 8? It's like paying double for Sunday Ticket. When they sucked and had 1 prime time game a year it was worth it. LOL!

by snackdaddy
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I switched from DTV to Xfinity. I got a package deal with the internet and cable. So I no longer have access to Sunday Ticket. But its not a big deal to me. Seems like over half the Rams games are available on my local channels between the Prime Time and Sunday coverage. The rest I just stream on Reddit. The quality is far better than it used to be. Last year I checked the lag from streaming on my PC to live TV and it was in the area of 15 to 20 seconds behind. I can live with that. DTV pissed me off when they stopped rewarding me for my loyalty being with them over 12 years. There is no loyalty with any of these companies. So I might as well reciprocate. I might switch back and forth every year just to get new customer deals.

by actionjack
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

I will be making the call soon, I got a great deal last year to keep it. Hopefully I get the same deal.

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2179  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Rams43 wrote:I would love to cancel my DirectTV.

Need some help from posters with experience using IPTV, if possible.

For example:

Can one subscribe and use with merely a smart TV? IOW, not require hardware such as Kodi, Firefox, etc?

Since one would no longer have a dvr , can one retrieve (possibly via streaming) previously broadcast programming such as dramas, movies, sports events?

How frequent are the program streaming interruptions, really?

Is the picture quality comparable to DirectTV hi-def?

Does one really get the premium movie channels such as HBO, etc?

Can one household be watching two different programs on their two separate TV’s simultaneously?

And all of this is for a mere $20 or so per month, give or take?

Any details about a provider with which you’re happy would certainly be appreciated, btw.

Help a brutha out here. Lol.

I'm currently trying this route. I had NFL Gamepass the past couple of years after 12 years with DTV.

I can say I'm enjoying it so far as I only started earlier this year after my MLB subscription was due.

I've enjoyed watching my Dodgers all season and even caught some Lakers games at the end of the year.

I invested in 3 Amazon Fire sticks. The upfront cost is worth it as I own them vs. Paying monthly rent on a box.

I do have a smart TV but don't think it works without the Firesticks.

Long story short, a small investment upfront and paying $20 a month for just about anything I want to watch. Again, not sure on the NFL yet as I'm new and the season hasn't started yet. I plan on buying a Amazon DVR for around $150 that would allow me to record games I can't be in front of my TV for.

Feel free to PM me or better yet Ramsdude as he was a ton of help getting me setup.

by Neil039
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2664  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

You can get DTV Sunday Ticket other ways. If you have a college aged child, they get a student discount and remote access. Or you can pay the streaming fee for only Sunday ticket. I almost did it last year.

by Elvis
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38458  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

It's quite the yearly tradition.

Here's last year's thread to compare and contrast, not to mention remember what month you got your deal:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8535&hilit=haggle+sunday+ticket

But let's keep posting in this thread for 2019...

by Elvis
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38458  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Now that CBS and ATT are fighting, DTV customers are without CBS.

Might be a good time to call and yell at them.

Seriously, no Dodgers, no NFL Network (ATT and DTV Now) and now no CBS...

• 1 / 5
45 posts Apr 19 2024