874 posts
  • 2 / 88
 by BobCarl
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   4307  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Haden wrote:.... surviving a motion to dismiss/summary judgment motion is no big deal....By no means does this equate to victory.

thanks for speaking up ... the media takes this kind of shit and tries to make it out to be something it isn't.

As far as I'm concerned ... this recent decision only means that some Judge decided that the Rams did play in St. Louis for a while ... on this aspect I have to agree with the Judge, the Rams did play in St. Louis for a while, with my right hand raised I personally testify that I attended over 100 Rams games in St. Louis.

Nothing about this recent revelation will lead a Judge ruling that the Rams must move back.

by St. Loser Fan
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10520  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:Nothing about this recent revelation will lead a Judge ruling that the Rams must move back.

Who said that? Nobody. And if they think that they are idiots.

St. Louis is done as a football town for forever. What part of that don't you understand?

by Hacksaw
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

BobCarl wrote:thanks for speaking up ... the media takes this kind of shit and tries to make it out to be something it isn't.

As far as I'm concerned ... this recent decision only means that some Judge decided that the Rams did play in St. Louis for a while ... on this aspect I have to agree with the Judge, the Rams did play in St. Louis for a while, with my right hand raised I personally testify that I attended over 100 Rams games in St. Louis.

Nothing about this recent revelation will lead a Judge ruling that the Rams must move back.

You attended more than half the games ever played there. Good stuff.

by haroldjackson29
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   842  
Veteran

The rich do as they please.This isn't worth wasting any time on. No one will actually win or lose.

by BobCarl
6 years 3 months ago
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:You attended more than half the games ever played there. Good stuff.
Even before 1999, it was a thrill to go to the games ... watching Isaac Bruce run routes was worth every penny .... and to this day, no TV camera can capture the intensity of watching the raw speed and change of direction that great WR's have

I miss going to the games.

by BobCarl
6 years 3 months ago
Superstar

St. Loser Fan wrote:St. Louis is done as a football town for forever. What part of that don't you understand?

how disingenuous. you are the one that doesn't understand ... I NEVER said or implied what you are alleging.

by St. Loser Fan
6 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

haroldjackson29 wrote:The rich do as they please.This isn't worth wasting any time on. No one will actually win or lose.

St. Louis has lost and will lose again.

We stupidly threw about $20 million into the trash trying to keep the Rams when there was no way the team was staying here. We stupidly let Stan have a deal to buy Rams Park for $1. But vanity and pride have a cost and what we did should be a lesson to every other NFL city.

by St. Loser Fan
6 years 3 months ago
Hall of Fame

http://www.fieldofschemes.com/2017/12/2 ... rewed-now/

St. Louis lawsuit over Rams move heads for discovery, NFL is screwed now

Posted on December 29, 2017 by Neil deMause

That Hail Mary lawsuit filed by the city and county of St. Louis earlier this year against the NFL for allowing the Rams to move to Los Angeles without following the league’s own relocation rules still seems like a longshot to win, but it looks like it’s at least going to go to trial:

St. Louis plaintiffs suing the Rams and National Football League over the team’s relocation to Los Angeles scored a victory in court Wednesday after a judge largely denied pretrial motions by the league and its member clubs.

St. Louis Circuit Court Judge Christopher McGraugh also denied motions to dismiss some 85 defendants, including all member teams and members of their ownership groups, for lack of jurisdiction. McGraugh also denied the Rams’ efforts to send the case to arbitration under the terms of the Dome lease between the team and the Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority.

To recap, in brief: Rams owner Stan Kroenke decided to move his team to L.A. in 2016, despite having a $477 million offer on the table for a new stadium in St. Louis; the NFL’s relocation rules say that “clubs are obligated to work diligently and in good faith to obtain and to maintain suitable stadium facilities in their home territories”; the NFL told Kroenke, “it’s cool, go ahead and move,” mostly because Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones thought Kroenke had “big balls”; and then the city and county sued for unspecified damages on the grounds on fraud and unlawful interference with the business relationship between St. Louis and the Rams. Kroenke tried to argue that this should be subject to arbitration under the Rams’ lease, though given that he’d already chosen to terminate the lease under the lease’s state-of-the-art clause so he could either demand a new stadium or move, that takes a lot of gall, you know?

The interesting part of this isn’t so much whether the plaintiffs can win — even if St. Louis can claim $100 million or so in damages, that’s a rounding error for an NFL franchise — as what they’ll now be able to pursue in the discovery phase of the trial. The NFL already complained that the plaintiffs’ discovery requests were “extraordinarily broad, burdensome and intrusive,” which makes it sound like there’s some juicy stuff they don’t want to turn over, likely involving internal communications around the relocation deliberations. While the league could choose just to pay off the city to make this whole mess go away, I kind of hope it doesn’t — as much as it would be nice to set a precedent that sports leagues have to pay the public when they allow teams to move without following their own rules, I’d find it way more valuable to hear what other stupid crap came out of Jerry Jones’s mouth.

by PARAM
6 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

And when this lawsuit is over Los Angeles should sue St. Louis like that guy is suing Fletcher Cox for ruining his marriage. After all they lured the Rams to the Midwest. Promised things they obviously couldn't deliver. Then didn't offer the Rams an upgrade until long after the move was evident.

“This ruling is another step toward holding Stan Kroenke and the NFL accountable for conspiring to swindle the St. Louis area out of the NFL team we supported with our hearts and our tax dollars,” Stenger said.

If the NFL is held accountable for "conspiring to swindle the St. Louis area", then those in charge of the deal the Rams received in 1995 are equally guilty.

This thing really is a huge butt rub joke. The area supported the Rams with their hearts but not with their asses in the seats. Sure there were the loyal, die hard fans who did but unless they spread the money of any court settlement among those 20,000 or so, then there's another swindle going on.

• 2 / 88
874 posts Apr 25 2024