874 posts
  • 32 / 88
 by St. Loser Fan
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:Nice!

We are putting it in our trip fund. We are either going to do Disneyworld and the Rams at Tampa or a Rams home game and Disneyland.

by aeneas1
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

when the kids were in their early teens we decided to do a disneyland trip, even tho my wife and i had pretty much sided with the notion that disneyland was a concrete money grabbing machine, and another example of corporate america fleecing the less-informed sheep, what can i say, we had lived in the sf bay area for over a decade by then.

anyhoo, disneyland absolutely rocked, every inch of it, we parked our asses on campus at the grand californian for a few days, and closed down the park every night... probably the best thing about it was watching our early teen kids completely drop their older teen pretensions and simply become kids again, the first thing my thirteen-going-on-eighteen-year-old daughter did when we arrived was beg us to buy her a pair of minnie mouse ears and shoes which she wore throughout the stay, while my sixteen-year-old son probably broke the park record for the number of consecutive rides on the indiana jones adventure.

personally, i couldn't believe how immaculate the park was kept, absolutely spotless, nor could i believe how fair food pricing was for such a completely captured audience, they could have easily gouged visitors at every turn, but instead park food joints ranged from economy to expensive.

years later my wife and i became friends with an older couple, the sweetest folks you would ever want to meet, and the topic of disneyland came up - their eyes lit up as they told us that disneyland was a huge part of their life, that they went once a year, every year, and had done so for the past 40+ years... had i met these kind folks before we did our disneyland trip with the kids i would have thought they were a bit touched, instead i completely got it.

by Flash
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:when the kids were in their early teens we decided to do a disneyland trip, even tho my wife and i had pretty much sided with the notion that disneyland was a concrete money grabbing machine, and another example of corporate america fleecing the less-informed sheep, what can i say, we had lived in the sf bay area for over a decade by then.

anyhoo, disneyland absolutely rocked, every inch of it, we parked our asses on campus at the grand californian for a few days, and closed down the park every night... probably the best thing about it was watching our early teen kids completely drop their older teen pretensions and simply become kids again, the first thing my thirteen-going-on-eighteen-year-old daughter did when we arrived was beg us to buy her a pair of minnie mouse ears and shoes which she wore throughout the stay, while my sixteen-year-old son probably broke the park record for the number of consecutive rides on the indiana jones adventure.

personally, i couldn't believe how immaculate the park was kept, absolutely spotless, nor could i believe how fair food pricing was for such a completely captured audience, they could have easily gouged visitors at every turn, but instead park food joints ranged from economy to expensive.

years later my wife and i became friends with an older couple, the sweetest folks you would ever want to meet, and the topic of disneyland came up - their eyes lit up as they told us that disneyland was a huge part of their life, that they went once a year, every year, and had done so for the past 40+ years... had i met these kind folks before we did our disneyland trip with the kids i would have thought they were a bit touched, instead i completely got it.

There is no place like Disneyland. I used to work there and walking around the park when the park was closed and all the lights were on was something to take in.

by snackdaddy
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

My family used to take what I called our annual trek to Disneyland back in the mid to late 90's and into the 2000's. We probably went for 6 or 7 consecutive years. Always had fun there. It was costly, but we always planned for it so it was in our budget. We used to stay at the Desert Inn across the street. We always got the two bedroom suite. It was walking distance so we didn't have to worry about expensive parking and a long walk to the tram. And they had a rooftop patio where we could see the nightly fireworks display. We always had a good time when we went there. Downtown Disney was always on our list to eat dinner at one the restaurants. Probably been close to 15 years since we last been there.

by actionjack
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Been going to Disneyland every few years since I was 8 years old (now 52). Now Im taking my kids there every other year. No place like it. My whole extended family goes, we bring a group of 20+ and have a great time catching up and enjoying the fun and sites.

by Hacksaw
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

So how much was the payout per head? and how many heads? If all those heads decided to go to Disneyland on ESK's dime, Iger sort of gets a little revenge for losing Carson.. ok, nevermind.. 8-) :oops2:

by Snow Man
3 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   232  
Zimbabwe   At the computer
Rookie

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday ruled it will not hear a petition by Los Angeles Rams owner Stan Kroenke, his team and the National Football League to settle its relocation lawsuit in arbitration.

The high court’s decision means the lawsuit will either be settled out of court or go to trial in St. Louis Circuit Court next year.

The case had faced long odds of reaching the nation's highest court, which hears only a fraction of thousands of petitions it receives each year.

Last fall, after the Missouri Supreme Court ruled the relocation lawsuit should be decided in a St. Louis courtroom — and not in arbitration — Kroenke’s lawyers filed a motion to halt the court’s order until it could petition the U.S. Supreme Court.

The lawsuit, the biggest of four filed by fans and government entities, was filed 15 months after the Rams left St. Louis. The dome authority, St. Louis and St. Louis County sued the Rams, the NFL and 31 other NFL teams and owners alleging breach of contract, fraud, illegal enrichment and interference in business by the Rams and the NFL, causing significant public financial loss.

In January, a St. Louis judge signed a scheduling order establishing deadlines for discovery and setting a tentative trial date for Oct. 25, 2021.

A lawyer for the plaintiffs declined to comment. A Rams spokesman could not be reached.

Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

• 32 / 88
874 posts Apr 19 2024