874 posts
  • 42 / 88
 by snackdaddy
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9672  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:Bernie M babbling is not the shining Exhibit A you want to hoist above your head like it’s the Stanley Cup.

But if you think that justifies everything that happened, I can’t talk you out of it.

I don't do hockey. Its almost as boring as soccer.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10521  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

At least the biggest question to me was how the NFL pointed to the relocation requirements as near holy documents that must not be questioned, but now treat them as drunken scribblings written on a bar napkin and must be regarded as such.

by Hacksaw
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:Yes, I already know that you and LA are superior to us in St. Louis. I’m not going to deny that.

I was simply trying to explain why we handled the move poorly. But if you want to dismiss anything I offer as an explanation, then I’d like for you to tell me why you think we acted badly: other than LA is great and St. Louis isn’t.

I told you I wasn't measuring LA vs StL, , other than the obvious population thing. That doesn't equate to superiority. LA has plenty of it's own warts.
But their (StL CVC) actions speak for themselves. Their behavior looks an emotional get even schoolyard type thing.
No self reflection or owning of their own culpability. Perhaps even deflection.
Could be a simple money grab for the law firm / state.
Or corruption and/or stupidity got in the way of prudent fiscal management of the sports authorities and it became out of control when ESK called the note. Now ESK is the villian moving his team where he chose.
Only in America, right?

Look, I get how geeked that community must have been to get the Los Angeles Rams for themselves. Out here we all knew it was forever and were all extremely disappointed to say the least. Taxpayers said no to new stadiums, GF needed her revenue and Anaheim kinda sucked for football anyway. But no one was complaining.
Lest we forget, if not for GF being as shrewd a business woman as Spanos (sorry Deano) I really doubt that move would have ever happened. I mean who gives up the LA (2nd largest) market while lucid and sober? Y'all had it in your hands and let it slip away.

by snackdaddy
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9672  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Well, I'm one who's glad the way it turned out. Not only do we get the team back, we have a legit contender now. Our team is relevant once again.

But you know what? If they stayed in St Louis I'd still be a fan like I was the previous 21 years. Its was always about the team.

by Hacksaw
2 years 10 months ago

St. Loser Fan wrote:At least the biggest question to me was how the NFL pointed to the relocation requirements as near holy documents that must not be questioned, but now treat them as drunken scribblings written on a bar napkin and must be regarded as such.

"Holy Document" may have been how StL looked at the NFL internal guidelines. They are there and were referenced verbally, but they are not laws. But I question StL's point, if the Rams or the NFL never brought up (or was it the StL contingent that did?) those by-laws in public or in negotiations would things have been any different? If StL didn't hang their hat on those NFL by-laws, would any of the events that followed (forced land acquisitions, imposed taxes etc) have even transpired? Would StL just have rolled over and let the Rams go?
They put up a fight to keep their boon but it was just far to little too late.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I told you I wasn't measuring LA vs StL, , other than the obvious population thing. That doesn't equate to superiority. LA has plenty of it's own warts.
But their (StL CVC) actions speak for themselves. Their behavior looks an emotional get even schoolyard type thing.
No self reflection or owning of their own culpability. Perhaps even deflection.
Could be a simple money grab for the law firm / state.
Or corruption and/or stupidity got in the way of prudent fiscal management of the sports authorities and it became out of control when ESK called the note. Now ESK is the villian moving his team where he chose.
Only in America, right?

Yes, it’s an emotional, childish reaction. A reaction to Stan’s relocation documents portraying St. Louis as a horrible place to live/ do business and fans as shit even after we endured the worst decade in NFL history. Plus the NFLs refusal to offer even minor false hope to St. Louis getting a team ever again.

by Hacksaw
2 years 10 months ago

St. Loser Fan wrote:Yes, it’s an emotional, childish reaction. A reaction to Stan’s relocation documents portraying St. Louis as a horrible place to live/ do business and fans as shit even after we endured the worst decade in NFL history. Plus the NFLs refusal to offer even minor false hope to St. Louis getting a team ever again.

Those words were no the kindest words, especially to his hometown folks. I don't remember the "place to live" part but he was obviously fighting mad at how the StL powers were fighting him. Facts are facts and if StL becomes a viable sports town I'm sure another business man wont look the other way just because ESK said some derogatory comments in obvious frustration.
Considering how bad the football was there for so long, I always felt the fans treated the Rams as good or better than expected. I believe that is the national sentiment. Thos 2 things should go a long way to getting another franchise. Just don't mention the Cardinals..

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Those words were not the kindest words, especially to his hometown folks. I don't remember the "place to live" part but he was obviously fighting mad at how the StL powers were fighting him. Facts are facts and if StL becomes a viable sports town I'm sure another business man wont look the other way just because ESK said some derogatory comments in obvious frustration.
Considering how bad the football was there for so long, I always felt the fans treated the Rams as good or better than expected. I believe that is the national sentiment. Those 2 things should go a long way to getting another franchise. Just don't mention the Cardinals..

National sentiment? You mean Jerry Jones literally laughing at us?

I missed the part where the CVC was treating Stan so poorly that it angered him and hurt his feelings. To me it seemed like standard negotiations.

1) The CVC offered some renovations. They started low.
2) Stan asked for tearing half the Dome down and building half a few stadium.
He started high.
3) Then that seemed to be it. Stan was done and gone to LA.

St. Louis will never have football again. We are completely done and that’s why we have nothing to lose with this lawsuit.

by majik
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

The ways in which St. Louis fumbled this are amazing. When the Dome was no longer a viable option, all St. Louis had to do was to give then Rams land and pay for infrastructure issues and Stan would have built the stadium. That wasn’t enough for some of the real buffoons who wanted Stan to build it but not control it.

I hope Stan and the NFL receive a summary judgment and those behind the lawsuit are required to pay costs.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:When the Dome was no longer a viable option, all St. Louis had to do was to give then Rams land and pay for infrastructure issues and Stan would have built the stadium.

Wrong.

The first CVC proposal was a lackluster one that would have tried to fix up the Dome. Stan came back and asked that they tear down half of the Dome then completely rebuild. It would have meant the St. Louis Rams would have to play on the road for 3 years. It also would have meant no conventions in the main convention center for 18 months and blocked off Broadway. (In LA terms, imagine if they expanded the Staples Center to block off Figueroa.)

Then that was it. Stan never asked for a second site with the city giving him the land, rights and parking.

• 42 / 88
874 posts Apr 29 2024