874 posts
  • 45 / 88
 by St. Loser Fan
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   10521  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

More info from someone better versed in business law.

by Hacksaw
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Boy, if I owned a business and wanted to move it to a different location for better profits (see Tesla) why should a butthurt state have a say. This just passes me of on face value.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Boy, if I owned a business and wanted to move it to a different location for better profits (see Tesla) why should a butthurt state have a say. This just passes me of on face value.

If you owned a normal business you’d be right. But the NFL has an anti-trust exemption and even though it’s a partial one, it means they can’t operate the way you describe.

by Hacksaw
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:If you owned a normal business you’d be right. But the NFL has an anti-trust exemption and even though it’s a partial one, it means they can’t operate the way you describe.

Looks like were about to see how solid that is...

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Looks like were about to see how solid that is...

I think this is where a settlement happens. No way Kroenke, Jones, Goodell want to open the books to nosy St. Louis lawyers.

The best thing for you guys is this might cost bad uniform liking Kevin Demoff his job.

by AvengerRam
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:I think this is where a settlement happens. No way Kroenke, Jones, Goodell want to open the books to nosy St. Louis lawyers.

The best thing for you guys is this might cost bad uniform liking Kevin Demoff his job.

“You guys”?

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:“You guys”?

NSFW audio

by AvengerRam
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Nice dodge...but you do seem to be oddly against the Rams on this issue.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Nice dodge...but you do seem to be oddly against the Rams on this issue.

This is unfortunately a you versus us situation.

As I’ve stated before I understand perfectly the Rams are in LA for good and that St. Louis will never have football again for a long list of reasons. I just hope that in the end this gives the NFL enough pause that they decide not to screw over Bills fans, Jaguars fans, Bengals fans or other fan bases. And that maybe in the future cities will stand up to the NFL instead of handing taxpayer money to billionaires because they want their version of SoFi.

by /zn/
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6774  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:This is unfortunately a you versus us situation.

As I’ve stated before I understand perfectly the Rams are in LA for good and that St. Louis will never have football again for a long list of reasons. I just hope that in the end this gives the NFL enough pause that they decide not to screw over Bills fans, Jaguars fans, Bengals fans or other fan bases. And that maybe in the future cities will stand up to the NFL instead of handing taxpayer money to billionaires because they want their version of SoFi.

"Against the Rams." Enh.

Making judgments is case by case. Obviously a Rams fan is dedicated to the Rams. That does not mean absolute blind stupid loyalty on every issue. Everyone is open to judgments--not just players. Coaches too. Management. Ownership. Again that all goes case by case.

As for the lawsuit, if the Rams lose, so be it. I don't know what will or should happen. But I am no more going to automatically knee-jerk side with the Rams than I am automatically knee-jerk side against them. We'll see.

As nomad fan, which I've been most of my life, to me the Rams hometown is tv.

But if they're wrong about something, it's just simple objective honesty as a fan to own up to it. Doesn't change things in terms of fan committment to them as a team across the long haul.

• 45 / 88
874 posts Apr 29 2024