• 1 / 1
 by Ramsdude
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

AD is one classy guy!

Aaron Donald enjoys accolades, but that doesn't mean he's satisfied
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/21/nfl-rams-aaron-donald-awards-satisfied-family/

By: Cameron DaSilva | 7 hours ago

There is very little left for Aaron Donald to accomplish in the NFL. He’s won Rookie of the Year, two Defensive Player of the Year awards, is a four-time All-Pro and has made the Pro Bowl five times in five years. He also holds the Rams record for the most sacks in a season with 20.5, which is also the most ever by a defensive tackle in NFL history.

Despite all of the accolades he’s earned and the awards he’s won, Donald isn’t content with sitting back and resting on his laurels. He wants to get better and help the Rams win a Super Bowl.

He’s going to do everything possible to make that happen, too, like taking almost no time off after Super Bowl LIII and continuing to work despite the Rams being on summer break. He does take time to enjoy everything he’s done thus far, but he’s still not satisfied.

“I enjoy it, I’m just not satisfied. I feel like a lot of people see me as I guess some type of superstar, but I just see myself as Aaron,” Donald said on The Fan Morning Show Friday. “So I don’t really see myself as that big. I did some great things, don’t get me wrong, but I feel like I can do more. Me not letting myself be satisfied is one of main reasons I am who I am. I can just sit down and chill for a whole week and not do any work. But I feel like people are going to get better than me. So me not letting myself be satisfied and like I said, having great people around me to push me, that’s always going to light the fire under your butt to keep going. I’m just addicting to working and trying to get myself better.”

Donald credits his dad and brother for instilling in him an unmatched work ethic. His dad helped motivate him to work out and improve physically, while his Aaron always looked up to his older brother Archie because he played football, too.

“Anytime I walked around, they called me ‘Little Archie.’ So having role models and guys to look up to in my own household and seeing how they work and just trying to imitate them someway, somehow, it just helps you to keep grinding,” Donald said.

“And definitely my brother put me in a couple of headlocks to toughen me up growing up, too, so my family is a big part of why I am how I am and where I’m at.”

There’s no doubt Donald is one of the hardest workers in the NFL today, and it’s a credit to the inspiration he found in his dad and brother.

by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

donald couldn't stop being great even if he tried, it's hard-coded into his dna! what an absolute stud. and he wears horns!

by dieterbrock
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Great article. Thanks for posting.
Nice to have an off season where he isn’t being (unjustly) criticized over his contract

by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Great article. Thanks for posting.
Nice to have an off season where he isn’t being (unjustly) criticized over his contract

thank god for gurley's sitch, imagine an offseason without having something to agonize over!

donald - holding out and missing so much time will certainly impact his play - first team all-pro, pro-bowl, best player in the nfl.

sitting the starters during the preseason isn't smart, they need to get up to game speed, they need to get ready for real game contact, the oline needs the time to gel, goff needs the time to sync with his wr - super bowl.

gurley - ?

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 15 2024