19 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Ramsdude
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

I would bring him in if the price is right. A big dude to pay next to AD while Gaines gets experience. Thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001034178/article/fa-domata-peko-i-would-love-to-play-here-in-la

Domata Peko: 'I would love to play here in L.A.
By Grant Gordon NFL.com
Published: June 19, 2019 at 04:35 p.m.
Updated: June 19, 2019 at 06:37 p.m.

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap3000000581949%2FDomata-Peko-shows-his-best-dance-moves-after-sack

Over the last 12 seasons, Domata Peko has started double-digit games each and every autumn.

With 13 years of NFL service under his belt, the 34-year-old free agent believes he has some more starts in him.

"I think I have a couple more years in the tank," the defensive tackle told TMZ Sports in an interview published Wednesday.

According to Peko, the team that's currently showing the greatest interest is the Detroit Lions, with whom he visited last week.

"My agent's trying to work some stuff out," he said. "We're gonna see; just being patient with it and enjoying this time with my family."

Along with his family, the former Bengals and Broncos starter is spending time in sunny Southern California and he wouldn't mind heading back there on a more permanent basis.

"I would love to play here in L.A.," said Peko, who started all 16 games for the Broncos in 2018 with 31 tackles tallied. "I'm all about L.A., grew up in Whittier. So, dude, if the Rams come calling or the Chargers, I would love to do that."

Before he was selected in the fourth round of the 2006 NFL Draft out of Michigan State, Peko last played football in California in his junior college days when he played at College of the Canyons, which has also produced the likes of pass rusher Jason Pierre-Paul and receiver Marquise "Hollywood" Brown.

Asked whether he'd prefer lining up next to Rams all-world defensive tackle Aaron Donald or Chargers pass-rushing standout Joey Bosa, Peko didn't hesitate to go with the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

"I would like to be with Aaron Donald," said Peko, who spent the first 11 seasons of his career in Cincinnati. "That would be dope."

Locking in on a sales pitch, he also had a message for Donald's head coach, Sean McVay.

"Coach McVay, your boy Domata Peko here ready to go, and I would love to come out here and represent L.A. and try to pursue that championship," Peko said.

The 6-foot-3, 325-pound Peko could still provide a run stuffer in the middle and an experienced starting presence to any defensive line.

Judging by his comments, the Lions are likely his top suitor, but putting a big-bodied veteran next to Aaron Donald worked for the Rams last season, so who knows?

by ramsman34
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

He was at College of the Canyons before I coached there, but everyone on the staff raved about him - his skills and work ethic. He would be an excellent addition. However, I think the staff is very happy with and set in the young guys at NT.

by BobCarl
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

How much will it cost to get him here?

by Ramsdude
4 years 9 months ago
Pro Bowl

BobCarl wrote:How much will it cost to get him here?

Since he WANTS to play in L.A., I would think we could work out a deal. Players want to be Rams now! (Doesn't that sound good? lol) The Lions are not a preferred place to play these days so I say our odds would be good. He would be a good vet for Gaines to learn from too! Let's go get him!

by R4L
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Ramsdude wrote:Since he WANTS to play in L.A., I would think we could work out a deal. Players want to be Rams now! (Doesn't that sound good? lol) The Lions are not a preferred place to play these days so I say our odds would be good. He would be a good vet for Gaines to learn from too! Let's go get him!

Great points. Also, Gaines and SJD are unknowns and Peko would give them the veteran presence they need imo, just like u stated.

by Ramsdude
4 years 9 months ago
Pro Bowl

R4L wrote:Great points. Also, Gaines and SJD are unknowns and Peko would give them the veteran presence they need imo, just like u stated.

Might be a better run stuffer than the Rooks which would open up AD!

Hope you are doing well my friend!

by R4L
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

Ramsdude wrote:Might be a better run stuffer than the Rooks which would open up AD!

Hope you are doing well my friend!

Again, great points! Thanks i am. Hope you're doing well also

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
Pro Bowl

Maybe he will play for the vet minimum and an assistant coach contract to be signed when he retires from the Rams with a Super Bowl ring.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
Pro Bowl

Surprised this stuff isn't being done already. the KU jayhawks paid Danny Manning big money to play basketball at Ku by hiring manning's dad as an assistant coach.

• 1 / 2
19 posts Apr 16 2024