RAMS FANS UNITED - NEWS FLASH
GET YOUR PIKCS IN:

RFU Suicide Game

RFU Pick 5

RFU Fantasy Football (Set Your Lineup)
CLOSE
19 posts
  • 2 / 2
  • 1
  • 2
 by BobCarl
3 months ago
 Total posts:   2847  
 Joined:  Mar 08 2017
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Ramsdude wrote:Since he WANTS to play in L.A., I would think we could work out a deal. Players want to be Rams now! (Doesn't that sound good? lol)


Why would players beg to play in Los Angeles and pay the higher California taxes than to play in say ... Las Vegas where there are NO state taxes?

The answer to my question is: Heart.

which of the following is true?
Home is where the dollars are?
or
Home is where your heart is?

@Ramsdude Before your comments today, I felt that the tax situation gave Las Vegas the advantage for acquiring great players. Thanks to you, I have changed my mind.

Las Vegas is a great city (better than Oakland by far) ... but Los Angeles is a much more awesome city than both put together.

Players lucky enough to play for the Rams will play their hearts out.

 by AltiTude Ram
3 months ago
 Total posts:   1310  
 Joined:  Jul 09 2015
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

I think that is part of it.

The real attraction is the players currently on the team. The coaches also are a huge bonus.

Oh and the Rams just went to the Superbowl. The chance to get a ring is icing on the cake.

 by R4L
3 months ago
 Total posts:   720  
 Joined:  May 08 2017
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Veteran

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:Maybe he will play for the vet minimum and an assistant coach contract to be signed when he retires from the Rams with a Super Bowl ring.


Maybe one day your posts will make sense lol.

 by Elvis
3 months ago
 Total posts:   22909  
 Joined:  Mar 28 2015
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

AltiTude Ram wrote:I think that is part of it.

The real attraction is the players currently on the team. The coaches also are a huge bonus.

Oh and the Rams just went to the Superbowl. The chance to get a ring is icing on the cake.


Exactly.

There are some business/entertainment advantages to being in L.A. but the real draw is Sean McVay. Coaches want to coach for him. Players want to play for him. It's good for their careers and that's worth a lot more than whatever they'll lose in state income tax. This wouldn't be happening if we were still a perennial loser...

 by Elvis
3 months ago
 Total posts:   22909  
 Joined:  Mar 28 2015
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

R4L wrote:Maybe one day your posts will make sense.


C'mon man. Rams1PlateSince1976 is a longtime member with a posting style all his own. We like him around here...

 by R4L
3 months ago
 Total posts:   720  
 Joined:  May 08 2017
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Veteran

Elvis wrote:C'mon man. Rams1PlateSince1976 is a longtime member with a posting style all his own. We like him around here...


I was kidding with him. I like him too. He should know that

 by Hacksaw
3 months ago
 Total posts:   15591  
 Joined:  Apr 15 2015
United States of America   AT THE BEACH
Moderator

R4L wrote:Maybe one day your posts will make sense.

Makes sense to me.

 by Rams1PlateSince1976
3 months ago
 Total posts:   1238  
 Joined:  Oct 12 2016
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

What I was pondering in a fashion is: "We are about salary capped out. Could we offer a savvy vet a low-ball contract with the understanding that he will be hired as a coach at a juicy contract once he retires?"

Or using the Danny Manning angle sign the vet at a low-ball contract and sign his Dad with a generous coaching contract.

 by aeneas1
3 months ago
 Total posts:   11204  
 Joined:  Sep 13 2015
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

BobCarl wrote:Why would players beg to play in Los Angeles and pay the higher California taxes than to play in say ... Las Vegas where there are NO state taxes?

The answer to my question is: Heart.

which of the following is true?
Home is where the dollars are?
or
Home is where your heart is?

@Ramsdude Before your comments today, I felt that the tax situation gave Las Vegas the advantage for acquiring great players. Thanks to you, I have changed my mind.

Las Vegas is a great city (better than Oakland by far) ... but Los Angeles is a much more awesome city than both put together.

Players lucky enough to play for the Rams will play their hearts out.

fwiw, nflers pay state income tax based on where they play each game, so rams players don't pay california income taxes on 100% of their annual loot, of course if you're a raider you play at least 8 games state-tax free!

  • 2 / 2
  • 1
  • 2
19 posts Oct 19 2019