281 posts
  • 24 / 29
 by R4L
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:My little brother used to play this game. (1) Instigate, (2) wait for a reaction, (3) play innocent and play to the crowd.

Then he turned 10.

:lol2:

by max
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I agree. And this pseudo intellectual, passive aggressive, and entirely unprovoked bullshit does not qualify:

For the record, I PMed max last week and suggested that we agree to tone it down. Instead of responding to my olive branch, he continues to act like an asshole.

I'll be happy to continue attacking max's posts. They're easy targets.

For the record I never saw your PM.

I just checked my PM folder, never got anything from you.

Send it again.

by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

max wrote:For the record I never saw your PM.

I just checked my PM folder, never got anything from you.

Send it again.

Sent a new message paraphrasing the original. Not sure what happened to first one - perhaps the glitch was at my end.

by max
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Sent a new message paraphrasing the original. Not sure what happened to first one - perhaps the glitch was at my end.

Ok. I got the 2nd one.

by Elvis
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

AvengerRam wrote:Good. Consider the truce commenced!

Well done fellas!

I know fighting and even the occasional ad hominem can be part of the fun of these forums and that's why we're not total hard asses about it. But with that freedom comes the responsibility of knowing when enough is enough and when it's time to move the conversation along...

by max
4 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Well done fellas!

I know fighting and even the occasional ad hominem can be part of the fun of these forums and that's why we're not total hard asses about it. But with that freedom comes the responsibility of knowing when enough is enough and when it's time to move the conversation along...

Now what are we gonna talk about for the next month? :lol2:

by AvengerRam
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Now what are we gonna talk about for the next month? :lol2:

I hear Jake McQuaide may have an ongoing issue with his uvula. I think we need to assess how this might impact the upcoming season. :twisted2:

by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Is there justification for more negativity over arthritis than an ACL surgery? Probably due to the history. Arthritis demonstrably shortens careers. One ACL surgery not necessarily as quickly.

so you've seen a history of arthritis "demonstrably" cutting an nfl player's career short, at a young age, but acls not so much? really?

let's say that you buy into what howe is selling and what others have since aped, that gurley has an arthritic knee, do you believe he's the first nfl rb that's had an arthritic knee during the course of his career? i mean isn't the general consensus that "some kind of arthritic component" is common among those that have suffered joint damage?

if that's the case, wouldn't you think that the hall of fame is filled with rbs who "played with some kind of arthritic component"? wouldn't you think that the list of great rbs that have played in the nfl, even those that had long careers, included guys who "played with some kind of arthritic component"?

Elvis wrote:Not really. An ACL is a very specific injury with a specific timeline for recovery and a very good prognosis. We see Kupp going through it right now. Here's Gurley a few months after his ACL surgery:

we've got to get this man some photos and/or vids! :D

by /zn/
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

max wrote:
Is there justification for more negativity over arthritis than an ACL surgery? Probably due to the history. Arthritis demonstrably shortens careers. One ACL surgery not necessarily as quickly.

Personally, I don't think there is a justification for that. I think that arthritic conditions vary much more player to player, and that a diagnosis of an arthtritic knee does not spell immediate doom. It is true that ACLs are completely reported in detail (no player secretely has ACL surgery), and that the rehab process and its successes are well known. In this era, lots of players have come back from it. In contrast, with an arthritic knee, players can often play with that, for a while anyway (the issue is longevity). So I think 2 types are over-reacting with the arthritic thing--one, those who believe he has an arthritic knee and then immediately jump to the worst conclusions, and two, those who don't believe he has an arthritic knee because he can play so it can't be true.

• 24 / 29
281 posts Apr 15 2024