29 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by Elvis
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

BobCarl wrote:I liked the time when the Rams traded opening kickoffs... I don't know who was louder ... Me or the rest of the stadium

Falcons. IIRC that's the game where Wilkins got hurt and we went for two every time...

by rams74
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1469  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

dieterbrock wrote:Best defensive play?
How about Nolan Cromwell’s game clinching INT against the Steelers in Super Bowl XIV
Oh wait a minute.....

I thought of that one. That was a great play. But I was going to mention Rod Perry's interception of the Bradshaw to Stallworth 73-yard bomb in the 4th quarter of that same Super Bowl. The one that ended up on the SI cover.

Oh, wait a minute...

by BobCarl
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   4295  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Falcons. IIRC that's the game where Wilkins got hurt and we went for two every time...

Thanks for the reminder of what game it was. Here is the video it gives me goosebumps to watch the video of these teams trading kickoffs again.

by aeneas1
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

that 2000 team, crazy...

- since 1978 (when the league moved to a 16-game schedule), 1,233 offenses have taken the field - only 5 scored more offensive points than the 2000 rams.

- the flipside? 1,233 defenses have taken the field since 1978 - only 25 gave up more offensive points than the 2000 rams.

- from week 1 through week 6, prior to warner getting hurt in week 7 against the chiefs, the rams scored a ridiculous average of 38.7 offensive points per game... from week 7 through week 16 that average dropped by more than 10 points, to 28.1 per game, yet 28.1 would have still been enough to put the rams at #1 in offensive scoring in 2000.

- more than half of the rams 7 losses on the year (including the postseason) came despite the rams scoring 28 or more points in the game.

by PARAM
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:- more than half of the rams 7 losses on the year (including the postseason) came despite the rams scoring 28 or more points in the game.

If only Az doesn't fumble that punt in Nawlins!! We would have won like we did so many other times despite the D giving up huge points. We had the momentum and the swagger offensively, to win that game on that possession. How would that have changed history?

We would have played the Vikings (#24 defensively) the next week and then the Giants (#5 defense; #15 offense). It might have been the best offense in the NFL (the Rams) vs the best defense in the NFL (the Ravens) in SB 35. I don't think it would have been a walk for that Ravens D.

by rather
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
Starter

PARAM wrote:If only Az doesn't fumble that punt in Nawlins!! We would have won like we did so many other times despite the D giving up huge points. We had the momentum and the swagger offensively, to win that game on that possession. How would that have changed history?

We would have played the Vikings (#24 defensively) the next week and then the Giants (#5 defense; #15 offense). It might have been the best offense in the NFL (the Rams) vs the best defense in the NFL (the Ravens) in SB 35. I don't think it would have been a walk for that Ravens D.

We would have played the Giants next, as the 6 seed we'd play the 1, which was the Giants that year - and the Rams crushed them in NY with Trent Green and Justin Watson. 2 seed was MN and the Rams matched up great against them too.

The whole NFC that year played the Rams like it was their Super Bowl and let all their other games be coin flips .. that is how you got a very weak 1 seeded Giants team and a "let's still pretend it's 1998" 2 seed Vikings team. After that it was 3 Saints, 4 Eagles, 5 Bucs. That was some serious NFC weak-sauce; the Rams at 6 seed was the most talented of the NFC field.

At any rate, if the Rams beat the Saints in that game, they likely would not have been in a position to hire Lovie Smith and then be even better in '01, but no bearing on Martz's ultimate fate and everything that happened after ..

by dieterbrock
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:If only Az doesn't fumble that punt in Nawlins!! .

Oh man. If only.... They were going to win that game, at the very least tie it up. Down 31-7 in 4th Q and they were like, BURP... Hold my beer....
Ugh...

by SpeedRacer
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   389  
Starter

Catch: Wendell Tyler had a flying, one-handed, back of the end-zone TD in Anaheim one year. I believe it was a Monday Night v the F'ers. (Wendell was a Ram at the time. I would never bring up even a mediocre catch by an F'er!) Anyone else recall this one?

Kickoff Returns: Ron Brown's double v the Packers.

Brown finished 4th in the Olympic 100 Meter final. .04 seconds out of the medals. Disgraced Steroid User Canadian Ben Johnson edged him out. I have zero doubt Johnson was already using in 1984. Brown should have a Bronze Medal.

Go Rams!

• 3 / 3
29 posts Apr 16 2024