CLOSE
29 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by Rams1PlateSince1976
3 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Best Kickoff return for touchdown I believe was by Mike Guman. Might have also been shortest kickoff return for a TD. Versus the Bengals. They tried an on-side kick. Bounced right to Guman. He caught it and ducked expecting to be clobbered. Several Bengals flew right over him. Guman raised up and sprinted about 45 yards for a TD kickoff return.

by sloramfan
3 months ago
 Total posts:   1158  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

i've seen a hell of a lot of great plays over the many years i've been a rams fan, but the play that still lingers, and forever will be my favorite...

the over the shoulder catch by proehl in the NFC championship game...

that game was just way too intense, and to have it go down like that was a true, blow the roof off the joint, moment for me...

go rams

slo

by DirtyFacedKid
3 months ago
 Total posts:   505  
United States of America   El Segundo
Veteran

aeneas1 wrote:this one will always be one of my favorites: no timeouts, down by 4 with just over 2 minutes remaining, a 40-yard strike for the come from behind win:

OMG. That game. I don't even have words for it. What transpired before it, it getting moved back home, grabbing tix at the last minute, the high scoring shootout, the beers....the beers....the beers...and then the hangover the next morning, having to go in to work and a week-long recovery. What a frickin' experience.

by dieterbrock
3 months ago
 Total posts:   10388  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Best defensive play?
How about Nolan Cromwell’s game clinching INT against the Steelers in Super Bowl XIV
Oh wait a minute.....

by aeneas1
3 months ago
 Total posts:   10789  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Best defensive play?
How about Nolan Cromwell’s game clinching INT against the Steelers in Super Bowl XIV
Oh wait a minute.....

ouch.

by PARAM
3 months ago
 Total posts:   3762  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Superstar

Greatest catch has to be Proehl vs Tampa both for degree of difficulty and what was on the line.

Greatest tackle has to be 'The Tackle' by Mike Jones.

Greatest tackle behind the LOS has to be Kevin Greene on SNF vs the Saints when on third down he vaulted the OL and grabbed the RB. It was the game Flipper set the receiving record and if not for that tackle, the record probably doesn't exist as it is.

Other than that my ginko galoba intake is far too low to remember every great Rams play I've seen in over 50 years.

by AvengerRam
3 months ago
 Total posts:   2922  
Israel   Longwood, FL
RFU Fantasy Football Champ

rather wrote:Not necessarily historic but thought I'd share this picture of AD about to annihilate Matthew Stafford from last year

I was there!

by aeneas1
3 months ago
 Total posts:   10789  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

ha ha, yeah i posted about this play back when it happened:

"the only thing missing is a cape with a giant "s" on it... this guy just isn't human."
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9397&p=143073&hilit=cape#p143073

by BobCarl
3 months ago
 Total posts:   2776  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:Best Kickoff return for touchdown I believe was by ....
I liked the time when the Rams traded opening kickoffs... I don't know who was louder ... Me or the rest of the stadium

• 2 / 3
29 posts Sep 19 2019