2892 posts
  • 59 / 290
 by Elvis
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   38495  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Zen_Ronin wrote:I don't know if "before July" is really ramping up. It's just more saying something, while saying nothing, just for the sake of saying something. This commitment to non-commitment....I don't know, is it supposed to be cute? Like their playing hard to get or something? Because to me it seems unnecessarily trollish and inept. From a marketing standpoint it's beyond annoying. To me it would be like Jeep marketing a new model by going

"Hey world, we have a new Jeep coming out!"

and that's it. Silence after. No details. Just a reminder every year or so that

"Hey everyone, just remember, we have a new Jeep coming out."

Ok. Thanks for the amazing lack of any detail whatsoever. Really useful info.

and yes, I know I'm bitching right now and will be super happy and spend WAY too much money when they finally drop. But literally all Demoff has to say is we have a plan, and we'll release things when the time is right. Instead it "conversations are happening" hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, giggle, giggle. :roll2: It ain't cute.

Or maybe I'm just having a bad day.

Demoff tweeting those old 50's unis seems like a pretty strong indications of what the colors are gonna be if you ask me but we'll see.

The Rams have been telling us for about 4 years now that they will debut the new unis for the opening season in the new stadium.

I think we've all known/expected all along that it's gonna be March or April.

Now we're in the hype phase...

by Zen_Ronin
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2044  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:Demoff tweeting those old 50's unis seems like a pretty strong indications of what the colors are gonna be if you ask me but we'll see.

The Rams have been telling us for about 4 years now that they will debut the new unis for the opening season in the new stadium.

I think we've all known/expected all along that it's gonna be March or April.

Now we're in the hype phase...

To be fair, Demoff didn't tweet that. Someone tweeted it to him he just responded. He was also asked if the response was a hint and Demoff absolutely denied it. Of course he could be acting sly but at this point who knows?

That being said if the new uni's look like the ones in the pic I'll be SUPER happy. Love that look! Just hope they space the front of the horns on the helmet better. Looks a little McDonald's to me. I do like the thickness though! Thick thighs save lives kinda thick!!! THICC! :lol2:

by Zen_Ronin
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2044  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

BuiltRamTough wrote:Demoff liked this tweet..

and this one...

Kind of digging the pattern. Let's hope it means something!

by SWAdude
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2440  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I am happy that in life this uniform thing is not as important as so many things IN life.

One of them my RAMS are back where they always belonged, LOS ANGELES.

Too much. WAY too much angst over what will be.

As much as some seem to think this is part of the "fun", I tune in for real news.

And it just is not there.

My take? What ever the team comes up with is good with me. They are listening. Why have input from fans if they are not?!?

I personally look forward to what our LA RAMS will look like for likely the rest of my life. Not what I am afraid of.

How short some of us old memories are. Just trying to be real.

GO RAMS!!!

by Phil
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   170  
United States of America   Norwalk, CA
Rookie

SWAdude wrote:I am happy that in life this uniform thing is not as important as so many things IN life.

One of them my RAMS are back where they always belonged, LOS ANGELES.

Too much. WAY too much angst over what will be.

As much as some seem to think this is part of the "fun", I tune in for real news.

And it just is not there.

My take? What ever the team comes up with is good with me. They are listening. Why have input from fans if they are not?!?

I personally look forward to what our LA RAMS will look like for likely the rest of my life. Not what I am afraid of.

How short some of us old memories are. Just trying to be real.

GO RAMS!!!

The NFL is entertainment. A show. The "real news" you're waiting for isn't coming. None of it matters at the end of the day. If people are interested in the fashion aspect of this entertainment presentation, it's no more trivial than anything else to do with the NFL.

by St. Loser Fan
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Phil wrote:The NFL is entertainment. A show. The "real news" you're waiting for isn't coming. None of it matters at the end of the day. If people are interested in the fashion aspect of this entertainment presentation, it's no more trivial than anything else to do with the NFL.

I would tend to agree with you on this for 31 teams. But this uniform change is a much much much bigger deal for LA Rams fans as it's the final step in repairing the damage done by the move to St. Louis.

by Hacksaw
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:Throwbacks!

The 1949 Rams TB's, , or more like a Chinese color thing?
At the link, the photo below resembles what has been discussed sporting a darker royale blue and a redder yellow. I could live with those colors..

by PARAM
4 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:I would tend to agree with you on this for 31 teams. But this uniform change is a much much much bigger deal for LA Rams fans as it's the final step in repairing the damage done by the move to St. Louis.

I don't know about a bigger deal for L.A. Rams fans. I feel it's a big deal period.

Repairing the damage done by the move to St. Louis? That was done the second the plane touched down before the 2016 season. IMHO, the move was good for L.A. Rams fans. The Rams left for St. Louis with a hated owner and returned with an owner who drafted a franchise QB, hired an innovative head coach, built a freaking palace and have had three consecutive winning seasons. Now they're going to introduce new uniforms to coincide with all that. What's not to like? What's there to repair? Other than that old dusty Lombardi trophy that's been in the case for 20 years?

• 59 / 290
2892 posts Apr 25 2024