2887 posts
  • 253 / 289
 by Elvis
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

1936 Cleveland Rams:

Not really sure what to expect. I would've said yellow too and maybe that's what it will be. I have a hard time seeing the Feragamos as throwbacks because they're too similar to our current uni. The Rams are clearly looking past us old guys so maybe it will be black?

by rams74
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1471  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:1936 Cleveland Rams:

Not really sure what to expect. I would've said yellow too and maybe that's what it will be. I have a hard time seeing the Feragamos as throwbacks because they're too similar to our current uni. The Rams are clearly looking past us old guys so maybe it will be black?

I agree with you that the Ferragamos are unlikely as throwbacks. Clearly the Rams don't want to roll those back out, just to draw more fire from those who are unhappy with the similar-color new unis.

But, as far as I'm concerned, this image of the 1936 Cleveland Rams jersey looks too much like the 49ers alternate black jersey, which is pretty ugly in its own right. I can't imagine wanting to go there.

by Elvis
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

rams74 wrote:I agree with you that the Ferragamos are unlikely as throwbacks. Clearly the Rams don't want to roll those back out, just to draw more fire from those who are unhappy with the similar-color new unis.

But, as far as I'm concerned, this image of the 1936 Cleveland Rams jersey looks too much like the 49ers alternate black jersey, which is pretty ugly in its own right. I can't imagine wanting to go there.

Agree. But if they do go black and want to try and justify it, well there you go...

by Hacksaw
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

But once they've gone black, they may never, , , well y'all know the rest. lol. 8-)

by moklerman
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I am with those who would NOT like to see the Rams in black.

Speaking of possibilities, didn't they have Trojan colors for a few games back in '43? That would be off the wall. But, I keep hoping this experiment will just end and they'll go back to the Ferragamo's. I can understand them wanting to be progressive and new but nothing they've introduced is truly "new". It's just a re-design of what's already established. Done poorly.

by HopHead Ram
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

Maybe they go with the Blue and White Throwback and then finish it out with the Sol jersey in 2022? But I'm thinking it will be Black. UCLA have their "Midnight LA" look and the Rams will probably do something stupid like that :roll2:

Pure money grab but lets be honest, all alternate Jersey's are money grabs. How many of you bought the color rush Jerseys?

by TomSlick
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

It amazes me how some people (RAMS FO) can take such a simple task and overthink it to the point of just being stupid. It's a uniform, the RAMS have had several designs over the years that were very nice. To go in a completely different direction with the dumbest of horns on the helmets and wuss colors and the bizarre fade on the jersey...it is hard to believe. As for black on the uniform, another Hail Mary to be different to the point of absurdity.

by HopHead Ram
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

One thing I can 100% Guarantee though is that they would sell. I don't think a lot of the old school Rams fans would buy them but there is a whole generation of newer Fans that would buy that up.

• 253 / 289
2887 posts Apr 19 2024