2887 posts
  • 173 / 289
 by AvengerRam
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I think some of you need to start reciting the Serenity Prayer.

The uniform is what it is. You don't have to like it. Your opinion is noted. Its still not going to change what others think nor will it change what the team does (at least in the short run).

Can I make one suggestion... can we wait to see what it looks like on the field with the team fully decked out in pads, etc.? Maybe, just maybe, you'll like it better then.

If not... well... its still not changing.

by 47 Gap
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   143  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Practice Squad

And your numerous comments about other's comments are noted, too. Your constant complaining about other's opinions is starting to get old. Last I saw, this was a message board. That means users write their opinions here. If members want to complain about the hideous looking uniforms the Rams changed to, then this is the place to do it.

You aren't required to keep reading them.

Thank you for your time.

by Ramsdude
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:If not... well... its still not changing.

If we complain long enough and loud enough, maybe...just maybe...it might change. Maybe not right now but most certainly down the road. (5 years?)

by AvengerRam
3 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

Ramsdude wrote:If we complain long enough and loud enough, maybe...just maybe...it might change. Maybe not right now but most certainly down the road. (5 years?)

Sounds like a lousy way to spend 5 years to me.

by Ramsdude
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:Sounds like a lousy way to spend 5 years to me.

All due respect AR. I won't let it ruin my life lol but I also believe in speaking my mind. That is one of the reasons I am here on an internet message board...to express my opinion and hear others as well.

You know as well as I do that the uni (and MOST importantly the helmet horn) are a VERY touchy subject among Rams fans. Just go to any board on the net and search for "uni, horn or logo" and you will see each thread has hundreds of replies. IMO, by far the most popular threads on that board. The classic helmet horn revered by many as "UNTOUCHABLE" and are VERY passionate about it. Me too! (I know...shocking! Right! lol)

I will NOT spend the next 5 years obsessed with the change but I will not hesitate to express my opinion on them and participate in threads about them. I don't think I have been disrespectful to anyone while expressing my thoughts. If I came across that way to you, I apologize.

Gooooo Rams!

by AvengerRam
3 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

Ramsdude wrote:All due respect AR. I won't let it ruin my life lol but I also believe in speaking my mind. That is one of the reasons I am here on an internet message board...to express my opinion and hear others as well.

You know as well as I do that the uni (and MOST importantly the helmet horn) are a VERY touchy subject among Rams fans. Just go to any board on the net and search for "uni, horn or logo" and you will see each thread has hundreds of replies. IMO, by far the most popular threads on that board. The classic helmet horn revered by many as "UNTOUCHABLE" and are VERY passionate about it. Me too! (I know...shocking! Right! lol)

I will NOT spend the next 5 years obsessed with the change but I will not hesitate to express my opinion on them and participate in threads about them. I don't think I have been disrespectful to anyone while expressing my thoughts. If I came across that way to you, I apologize.

Gooooo Rams!

I never said you were disrespectful.

I'm just finding the overall volume of posts ridiculing and condemning the uniforms before we've even seen them on the field to be a bit excessive.

by Hacksaw
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

AR, it does appear to nearing the end.
However the sheer volume of replies is a reflection of the importance of the look to the fans. And apparently there is still a lot of unvented disappointment to be expressed. So if it hasn't run it course, be patient it will soon enough.
The next surge will likely happen when the helmets are actually on heads.

Go Rams.

by TomSlick
3 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

Who cares about the uniform or the helmet...I just dig the stitch...that is so cool.

by AvengerRam
3 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:AR, it does appear to nearing the end.
However the sheer volume of replies is a reflection of the importance of the look to the fans. And apparently there is still a lot of unvented disappointment to be expressed. So if it hasn't run it course, be patient it will soon enough.
The next surge will likely happen when the helmets are actually on heads.

Go Rams.

I started following the team in the mid-late 1970s because I loved the uniform.

I've been a fan for 40+ years.

I am an "old school" fan and the look is very important to me.

I don't have a problem with the new helmets/uniforms.

I would never presume to tell anyone that they should agree with me on something so subjective, and the reverse should be true.

Carry on.

• 173 / 289
2887 posts Apr 19 2024