2887 posts
  • 28 / 289
 by 69RamFan
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3169  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Elvis wrote:Oh BTW, and i'm sure everyone gets this but just in case, the Rams are definitely updating and changing their colors. Their primary colors are still the colors they came from St. Louis with. Those are gone.

What we're all talking about are the current throwback colors becoming the new primary colors...

But someone mention Navy Blue, that is consider a dark blue, basically the same as the Stl colors

I sure hope it’s not Navy Blue

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:But someone mention Navy Blue, that is consider a dark blue, basically the same as the Stl colors

I sure hope it’s not Navy Blue

so many different shades of navy out there... personally i think the right navy could look pretty sharp, in fact i like all of these navy shades / looks:

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

02.jpg

by Zen_Ronin
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

I've wondered a few times if our new uni's will emulate Cal's.

by rather
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   349  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

The new colors will be blue and white with some yellow highlight snuck in. Think like what Seattle does with its toxic ooze green on its unis.

Bonus points if the Rams to come out with different home vs road helmets, like white horn on blue for home and vice versa for road.

by Hacksaw
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

rather wrote:The new colors will be blue and white with some yellow highlight.

Link, knowledge base reference, something other than your opinion stated as fact please.
Thanks

by moklerman
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Link, knowledge base reference, something other than your opinion stated as fact please.
Thanks
The way the team really went all in on the blue and white when they temporarily moved into the Coliseum had me thinking that they were going to do away with the yellow part of the equation.

Now, I feel like it's going to be very blue and yellow but with an all new uniform design. My bet is that they will appease the old-timers by widening the horns on the helmet and by keeping the basic feeling of the blue and yellow but they will try and do something cutting edge for the whipper-snappers and making a splash at the new stadium.

by ramsman34
4 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

[/quote] Bonus points if the Rams to come out with different home vs road helmets, like white horn on blue for home and vice versa for road.[/quote]

I have been thinking this for a while as well. I think, like the shithawks, the Rams will have multiple combos approved by the league with one being a very cutting edge design and the rest more traditional-ish.

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

Been thinking about this again. I do bet they at least pitch to have different color horns for away and home. Would be very unique and they are basically doing it now.

Am I the only one that is actually more nervous about the new logo than the uniform? I don’t love our current one but graphic designers can come up with some pretty whacky stuff.

by moklerman
4 years 3 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Mr. Sparkle wrote:Been thinking about this again. I do bet they at least pitch to have different color horns for away and home. Would be very unique and they are basically doing it now.

Am I the only one that is actually more nervous about the new logo than the uniform? I don’t love our current one but graphic designers can come up with some pretty whacky stuff.
I'd imagine Rams fans are all some level of nervous based on how previous changes for the Rams have gone and how re-designs in general have looked. I'm sure there are some who embrace the new change and have faith that the new uniforms will look good but I'd say the general feeling is one of trepidation. And rightly so.

Today's designers don't seem to approach things in a "what's best for the team?" mindset. It's more of a "how far can I push it?". My tastes lean toward the Pittsburgh Steelers, Oakland Raiders, Dallas Cowboys way where there is pride and honor in their uniforms. I guess we can't put that toothpaste back in the tube though.

But I get the feeling that the Oregon Ducks are seen as progressive and cutting edge and that the Rams may gravitate toward that approach. Numerous, cutting edge...whacky uniforms that make a statement.

• 28 / 289
2887 posts Apr 16 2024