2892 posts
  • 14 / 290
 by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Okay, this is a Monday post. The horns only appear wider because they are on smaller helmets. The white jerseys I don't like at all. The shoulders stripes still look like finger nail clippings.

Very cool that these kids got this stuff and they do look sharp as a team but I don't see these as any indication of the actual Rams correcting what they've had wrong.

horns are wider, not an optical illusion caused by the size of youth helmets, shoulder stripes appear to be the old-school varsity stripe style as opposed to a shoulder stripe that forms a horn, if the rams new jerseys have shoulder stripes, i would prefer these vs a horn style, the horn style simply doesn't work on today's tailored jerseys, imo.

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

for some reason i like these jersey stripes:

01.jpg

by moklerman
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:horns are wider, not an optical illusion caused by the size of youth helmets, shoulder stripes appear to be the old-school varsity stripe style as opposed to a shoulder stripe that forms a horn, if the rams new jerseys have shoulder stripes, i would prefer these vs a horn style, the horn style simply doesn't work on today's tailored jerseys, imo.

ImageIke, Torry and Marshall all wore tucked and taped sleeves and it looked pretty good.

by aeneas1
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:]Ike, Torry and Marshall all wore tucked and taped sleeves and it looked pretty good.

that was a long time ago - do you think today's sleeve sizes look like that?

by dieterbrock
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:The horns only appear wider because they are on smaller helmets.

??
What does one have to do with the other?
You don't think they scale the horn to the size of the helmet?

by moklerman
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:that was a long time ago - do you think today's sleeve sizes look like that?

ImageUnder the arm is tighter but that doesn't really impact the horns going up the side of the jersey. Seems like there is plenty of room to do the horns right to me.

by moklerman
4 years 7 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:??
What does one have to do with the other?
You don't think they scale the horn to the size of the helmet?
I really don't know. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they had one size of Rams horns decals and just fit them onto whatever helmet was using them.

That's not how I would do it or the way that makes sense to me but in this cost cutting, corner cutting world I wouldn't be surprised if they just made due with the ones that they use on the full sized helmets. Is there much of a difference in the actual area of the helmets between kids sizes and adults?

by dieterbrock
4 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I really don't know. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they had one size of Rams horns decals and just fit them onto whatever helmet was using them.

That's not how I would do it or the way that makes sense to me but in this cost cutting, corner cutting world I wouldn't be surprised if they just made due with the ones that they use on the full sized helmets. Is there much of a difference in the actual area of the helmets between kids sizes and adults?

Well, if the horn sticker was the same size for adult and kids size, and if that made the horns look wider, I would imagine then the horn wouldn't fit the side of the helmet either

• 14 / 290
2892 posts Apr 25 2024