2887 posts
  • 10 / 289
 by Hacksaw
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Just suggest widening the helmet horns and rework the shoulders to replace the fingernails with something similar to the road Waterfields.
Don't mess with the colors or anything else .
The rest should fall into the tradition category... imo

by majik
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

ziggy wrote:Was at another breakfast talk this morning. A couple bit of news because Elvis asked:
The new stadium will not have grass. It will be turf, but the brand or type was not specified.
The RAMs logo IS definitely changing, but no news on what it will be other than that it will not be in the shape of the stadium... so goes that conspiracy theory. (the "<O" shape thingy.)
Les and Kevin were at the breakfast, so it was a great opportunity to interact.

I know I am probably in the minority, but I actually like the current logo

by Mr. Sparkle
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

Back from breakfast! Was a great experience!

Got there very early as I live in OC and didn't want to be stuck in traffic. So had over an hour to kill. I waited downstairs and all the fun stuff was upstairs.

Demoff walked right in behind me to go to the elevator. I greeted him and that was that. I was still waiting to be brought up. At this point I became really excited. Was very cool seeing him in person with no one else around.

Breakfast was good. Breakfast burritos, hash browns, coffee, fresh fruit, etc... they didnt cheap out. Too bad I was too excited to eat much and didnt want to be distracted chowing down during this time.

There were 5 of us fans in attendance. Demoff, a moderator, and about 5 or so other office employees. Myself and one other were life long Ram fans. The other 3 were new(since they moved back to LA)

Topics. I did not take notes but notable things off the top of my head:

They say they want to keep doing these every month or so or as they feel as needed to keep good communication with the fans. I think that its a great idea. Might not be with Demoff each time though.

Elephant in the room; uniforms. Not a whole lot of talk. I think everyone is tired of talking about it. I did mention how I like how the yellow and blue are bright a colorful. i.e. we cant all be Darth Vader or a bad guy. He did say its hard to look tough in certain uniforms though. But later he did say they have heard loud and clear that the overwhelming amount of fans wants the classic blue and yellow. I think its safe to say they will go with those colors. I also told them I dont envy their position and have an impossible task as you can't please everyone.

A lot of the talk was why we were fans and what they could do to grow.

I bought up that it felt like a letdown that there have been no real collectibles for season ticket holders or on their opening day back in LA. Hope they do something in the new stadium....

I mentioned they have a lot of fans in OC as the team was in Anaheim for 15 years and my generation remembers them from there. He said that is one reason why the do their training camp in Irvine.

A lot of technical talk about the upcoming season which I really wasn't into. You can hear plenty of this kind of commentary on radio. You can tell he is really ready to get going as he is tired of talking about Todd's knee and mentioned last year it was all about AD. So its always something.

Sales on the new stadium is right on pace with their prediction/model. So sounds like they are on pace to sell out before opening day in a year. Someone asked about the Chargers and there was a long pause and then he said Rams sales are right on pace. So I assume Chargers are still struggling even with the much cheaper price.

I asked how does the stadium "expand" to 100k. Long story short, it is a little smoke and mirriors. He mentioned they can expand to 100k in the "ticketed space". So basically they can set up a perimeter outside so all that space under the canopy would count. Also they can add what sounded like a type of bleacher to the end zones. But he did say it is equipped, i.e. bathrooms and food for 100k so it should be comfortable no matter what size.

Lot of opinions by the attendees about a bunch of topics but that was the important stuff that I got out of it. I was able to get Demoffs autograph and a picture so I am very happy about that.

There was some standing around at the end while people worked on their phones so I could easily had some one on one time with him but my mind went blank and just didnt know what else to say. Guess I was a bit star struck with the whole situation. I was able to take a Rams note pad though... I did ask first!

by Flash
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

Mr. Sparkle wrote:Back from breakfast! Was a great experience!

Got there very early as I live in OC and didn't want to be stuck in traffic. So had over an hour to kill. I waited downstairs and all the fun stuff was upstairs.

Demoff walked right in behind me to go to the elevator. I greeted him and that was that. I was still waiting to be brought up. At this point I became really excited. Was very cool seeing him in person with no one else around.

Breakfast was good. Breakfast burritos, hash browns, coffee, fresh fruit, etc... they didnt cheap out. Too bad I was too excited to eat much and didnt want to be distracted chowing down during this time.

There were 5 of us fans in attendance. Demoff, a moderator, and about 5 or so other office employees. Myself and one other were life long Ram fans. The other 3 were new(since they moved back to LA)

Topics. I did not take notes but notable things off the top of my head:

They say they want to keep doing these every month or so or as they feel as needed to keep good communication with the fans. I think that its a great idea. Might not be with Demoff each time though.

Elephant in the room; uniforms. Not a whole lot of talk. I think everyone is tired of talking about it. I did mention how I like how the yellow and blue are bright a colorful. i.e. we can all be Darth Vader or a bad guy. He did say its hard to look tough in certain uniforms though. But later he did say they have heard loud and clear that the overwhelming amount of fans wants the classic blue and yellow. I think its safe to say they will go with those colors. I also told them I dont envy their position and have an impossible task as you can't please everyone.

A lot of the talk was why we were fans and what they could do to grow.

I bought up that it felt like a letdown that there have been no real collectibles for season ticket holders or on their opening day back in LA. Hope they do something in the new stadium....

I mentioned they have a lot of fans in OC as the team was in Anaheim for 15 years and my generation remembers them from there. He said that is one reason why the do their training camp in Irvine.

A lot of technical talk about the upcoming season which I really wasn't into. You can hear plenty of this kind of commentary on radio. You can tell he is really ready to get going as he is tired of talking about Todd's knee and mentioned last year it was all about AD. So its always something.

Sales on the new stadium is right on pace with their prediction/model. So sounds like they are on pace to sell out before opening day in a year. Someone asked about the Chargers and there was a long pause and then he said Rams sales are right on pace. So I assume Chargers are still struggling even with the much cheaper price.

I asked how does the stadium "expand" to 100k. Long story short, it is a little smoke and mirriors. He mentioned they can expand to 100k in the "ticketed space". So basically they can set up a perimeter outside so all that space under the canopy would count. Also they can add what sounded like a type of bleacher to the end zones. But he did say it is equipped, i.e. bathrooms and food for 100k so it should be comfortable no matter what size.

Lot of opinions by the attendees about a bunch of topics but that was the important stuff that I got out of it. I was able to get Demoffs autograph and a picture so I am very happy about that.

There was some standing around at the end while people worked on their phones so I could easily had some one on one time with him but my mind went blank and just didnt know what else to say. Guess I was a bit star struck with the whole situation. I was able to take a Rams note pad though... I did ask first!

Awesome job Sparkle...Where's the pic?

by aeneas1
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

you're the man @Mr. Sparkle, great stuff!

by Zen_Ronin
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

Handing out uni's to their newly sponsored LA youth community team. May mean nothing and maybe I'm just seeing things. But don't those horns look considerably thicker to you?

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

There is absolutely no reason to distribute those helmets otherwise. Boys/Girls, I think we're looking at our new helmets!!!! :o

@Hacksaw will be pleased.

• 10 / 289
2887 posts Apr 16 2024