2887 posts
  • 66 / 289
 by aeneas1
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

eh? so the packers are more free to "continue the power of their brand" because they've never changed uniforms? and packers fans would be less concerned about such a prospect?

Elvis wrote:

by Elvis
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

It's pretty clear that Demoff/Rams are listening to us old timers but it's also really clear we're not the only ones they're listening to.

Last bit of it that goes before what A1 quoted:

by AvengerRam
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Too much input from Millennials and they’ll end up changing the team name because it’s not gender neutral.

by dieterbrock
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Demoff really enjoying his moment in the sun, after the uni's are out he pretty much becomes irrelevant again in mainstream.

by rams74
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1471  
Italy   Glendale, Arizona
Pro Bowl

Elvis wrote:It's pretty clear that Demoff/Rams are listening to us old timers but it's also really clear we're not the only ones they're listening too.

Old-timers are awfully easy to dismiss. We're stuck in the past, we don't understand the younger generation, we don't know how to appeal to the modern fan, etc., etc. And the most obvious, in a few years we won't even be around.

They may have heard us old-timers, but I wonder just how much they're listening to us.

by Elvis
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

rams74 wrote:Old-timers are awfully easy to dismiss. We're stuck in the past, we don't understand the younger generation, we don't know how to appeal to the modern fan, etc., etc. And the most obvious, in a few years we won't even be around.

They may have heard us old-timers, but I wonder just how much they're listening to us.

It's an interesting conundrum for the Rams.

We're also probably spending the bulk of the money being spent on the Rams right now. But we're not the future.

What are their focus groups telling them? Do they have any chance of walking some kind of line that works on both fronts? And how much of this is about making sure the old timers feel heard?

It's gonna be interesting. I know they're putting a lot of thought and effort in to this but it doesn't mean they're gonna get it right...

by Hacksaw
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

This response is utter bull crap imo. What is not traditional about the Rams Ferragamos? 50+ years makes them as iconic as the Bears, Pack etc. If not for the murdering wicked bitch of the midwest, they would still be the Ferragamos. Gabriel's is as far out of the box as necessary and make a perfect throwback.

Why would the youngins not dig a decent version of the Ferragamos anyway? The Nike version is a bit screwed up but if they put as much effort into fixing the minor problems Nike couldn't get right, I'm certain the newbies would buy into them.

This is a money grab catered to the newbies and old alike. Just like GF. I've suffered through this before and it pisses me off. This team acts more nomadic than nomads.

All that said, I'll wait to see what they roll out before hiring a hit man.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2079  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

"Cash to Burn" Avenger: Would you like to own a "Rams 1" license plate from the great state of Kansas?

The state changes them out every five years with a different design. Up until about 15 years ago vehicles in Kansas with personalized plates had to have one on both front and back. I have saved all my old expired plates.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2079  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

The two times I was able to attend a Rams game at St Louis I made it on the jumbo screen holding up a Rams 1 plate.

• 66 / 289
2887 posts Apr 19 2024