2887 posts
  • 26 / 289
 by Flash
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of disappointed people (including me ) around here once the unis are revealed.

by max
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Flash wrote:I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of disappointed people (including me ) around here once the unis are revealed.

I think you’re probably right.

But for some reason, I’m open to the new look. I hear what Demoff is saying. LA isn’t Pittsburgh or Green Bay. Certainly, us old timers and traditionalists “grapple to our souls with hoops of steel” the old Rams uniforms and color tones that we grew up with. But that’s not what LA is. John Wayne, Bob Hope and Jonathan Winters are long gone.

I’m accepting the change with an open mind. The Rams have always been pioneers, the first to do so many things in the NFL, it fits that they would have uniforms befitting a visionary organization.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I haven't heard any of the quotes so when he says that they are updating the colors and changing the logo, doesn't that mean from the current blue/white? Sounds like maybe they are updating TO blue and yellow.

I actually did listen to it and think you are 100% correct. He’s either referring to the mish mosh St Louis gold, blue and white or possibly the approved logo change of just blue and white.
One thing we know about Demoff is that he is the king of answering questions and supplying information without giving up any intel.
He’s not going to tip off anything this important. They have to get it right and will be “stuck” with whatever they come up with.

by max
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I actually did listen to it and think you are 100% correct. He’s either referring to the mish mosh St Louis gold, blue and white or possibly the approved logo change of just blue and white.
One thing we know about Demoff is that he is the king of answering questions and supplying information without giving up any intel.
He’s not going to tip off anything this important. They have to get it right and will be “stuck” with whatever they come up with.

I’ll bet you that the new uniforms are not the same shade of blue and yellow that they are now in the current throwbacks they play in.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I’ll bet you that the new uniforms are not the same shade of blue and yellow that they are now in the current throwbacks they play in.

They may or may not, either way Demoff isn’t tipping anyone off as to the direction they are heading. He’s not leaving any Easter eggs here.
That’s my point.
Dissecting his words and statements for some sort of tip is fools gold. Just like the convo in another thread with Vinny. KD ain’t giving up squat

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Zen_Ronin wrote:Ok, so the direct quote "Seeing as how we're going to be changing the logo and updating the colors..."

Yes, he says it BUT, I find it interesting that it sounds (to me anyway) like he's only talking about our ACTUAL uniforms. I think a lot of us have adopted the throwback as our official uniforms, and the fact is, they're not. I think Demoff is speaking strictly about our current uniforms; the St. Louis Rams uniforms.

that's how i understood it, in fact when he mentioned "updating colors" i think it might have even been in the context of the logo only (i.e. updating the current blue/white logo):

"traditionally teams have gone and unveiled uniforms sometime around the draft, given that we're doing a logo change, updating colors, all that, we may do that in the offseason and then the uniforms later, we may do it all at once, that is all up for discusiion amongst our group."

in the interview he also says:

"our goal has always been to take the historic elements of the rams uniforms, the colors, the horns, the symbolism, keep those but progress them forward."

i wouldn't be at all surprised if demoff / nike felt that a matte helmet finish would be an example progressing forward.

this part struck me as a bit worrisome in that i'm not sure i've ever seen a great looking futuristic uniform design:

"you're building the most modern, what we believe will be the world's best sports entertainment complex (sofi stadium), you're investing in all of these technological aspects, these futuristic aspects, you just can't walk in with uniforms that throw back to the 70s, i just don't think that's the right brand fit for the rams, for this stadium, but that doesn't mean that you turn completely away from it, and you turn into this aqua and brown and green mishmash and say here you go los angeles, i think it's a balancing act between the two."

by max
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:that's how i understood it, in fact when he mentioned "updating colors" i think it might have even been in the context of the logo only (i.e. updating the current blue/white logo):

"traditionally teams have gone and unveiled uniforms sometime around the draft, given that we're doing a logo change, updating colors, all that, we may do that in the offseason and then the uniforms later, we may do it all at once, that is all up for discusiion amongst our group."

in the interview he also says:

"our goal has always been to take the historic elements of the rams uniforms, the colors, the horns, the symbolism, keep those but progress them forward."

i wouldn't be at all surprised if demoff / nike felt that a matte helmet finish would be an example progressing forward.

this part struck me as a bit worrisome in that i'm not sure i've ever seen a great looking futuristic uniform design:

"you're building the most modern, what we believe will be the world's best sports entertainment complex (sofi stadium), you're investing in all of these technological aspects, these futuristic aspects, you just can't walk in with uniforms that throw back to the 70s, i just don't think that's the right brand fit for the rams, for this stadium, but that doesn't mean that you turn completely away from it, and you turn into this aqua and brown and green mishmash and say here you go los angeles, i think it's a balancing act between the two."

Just a hunch, but I expect a matte finish to the helmets a la Seahawks. Still blue of course, but a matte navy blue helmet.

My daughter works with Nike on marketing designs in nyc. She thinks matte navy blue and some shade of a gold, not yellow.

by dieterbrock
4 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

While I have no expectation that they will do so, I am praying that they don’t botch this like the Jets did.
These unis are so god awful
Attachments
C4522796-7EB1-4E36-8D28-5751ECF85A40.jpeg

by aeneas1
4 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

ramsfan1977 wrote:I could warm up to this.

yeah, i've seen that mock before, and their the best "concept" rams uniforms i've come across, would be perfectly fine with those....

unfortunately i'm not sure they meet the "futuristic" look demoff & company seem to want, equally unfortunate there's a ton of bad futuristic concepts out there for them to pick from:

01.jpg

06.jpg

04.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

03.jpg

07.jpg

• 26 / 289
2887 posts Apr 18 2024