2887 posts
  • 6 / 289
 by AvengerRam
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I wonder...

If we were to reach out to Demoff and offer to provide free services as a focus group for the new unis/logo, would they accept?

by Elvis
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

AvengerRam wrote:I wonder...

If we were to reach out to Demoff and offer to provide free services as a focus group for the new unis/logo, would they accept?

Believe me Demoff knows what long time Rams fans want and think. He's in regular contact with some of the most ardent proponents of the current throwbacks. He also knows what a large and big spending demographic we are.

But there are, clearly, other factors in play.

How it shakes out, i guess we'll see...

by dieterbrock
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:again, so many ways for this thing to go south...

http://mattmadsendesign.com/work/la-rams/

Oh boy is that bad. Turn that logo counterclockwise 45 degrees and it looks just like a snail

by ramsman34
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

dieterbrock wrote:Oh boy is that bad. Turn that logo counterclockwise 45 degrees and it looks just like a snail

Bad? Try HORRIBLE. Looks like a lame attempt at a team brand from a bad futuristic football B-movie.

If the team opts for the "looks like real horns" design, it better be 3D and look really intimidating.

by moklerman
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

The '73 - '99 uniforms don't need to be fixed in any way. Modern material and tailoring is all they need. They're going to screw it up, I have no doubt. It's one thing to take a bad uniform and make it better(Tampa Bay, Denver), it's something else entirely to take arguably the best uniform ever and make it better.

by max
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

I think Demoff is smart enough to know he doesn’t know shit about design.

The hope is they hired a great design team.

by aeneas1
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

the change to the "st. louis" uniforms was all georgia, she spearheaded the thing, wanted to change the colors to welcome in the new millennium, she at first leaned heavily towards a "ucla" look (powder blue / gold), a color scheme that she apparently loved, but settled on millennium blue (because she thought the name was a cosmic sign) and new century gold, but never once thought about changing the horns... so is stan involved in this thing at all? hmm...

by Elvis
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

aeneas1 wrote:the change to the "st. louis" uniforms was all georgia, she spearheaded the thing, wanted to change the colors to welcome in the new millennium, she at first leaned heavily towards a "ucla" look (powder blue / gold), a color scheme that she apparently loved, but settled on millennium blue (because she thought the name was a cosmic sign) and new century gold, but never once thought about changing the horns... so is stan involved in this thing at all? hmm...

Exactly. Hard to imagine there's any vanity involved in this redesign, gotta think it's all business, but who knows?

by moklerman
4 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Exactly. Hard to imagine there's any vanity involved in this redesign, gotta think it's all business, but who knows?
What is the business thought process though? The Cowboys and Steelers and Raiders, etc. don't have trouble selling merchandise or with branding and they keep their classic uniforms as a matter of pride and tradition. That's what I want from the Rams.

Not all fans want to keep the classic Rams uniforms but I'd say a majority would either be fine with it or actually be happy about it.

• 6 / 289
2887 posts Apr 16 2024