18 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by lbheat
5 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   46  
United States of America   Hacienda Heights, Ca
Undrafted Free Agent

Good Morning guys/gals. I recently got an email to attend the Behind The Draft at the rams practice Facilities next friday. Here is a verbatim:

“Congratulations!

You have been selected to join us for our newest Season Ticket Member experience Behind the Draft!

We invite you to the Rams practice facility at Cal Lu University on Friday, May 31 for a behind the scenes look at the draft with General Manager Les Snead and Rams Player Personnel staff. In addition to the breakdown session, enjoy a catered lunch and guided tours of the Rams practice facility.”

Anyone else thats going to this have more details? I am curious to see what time it ends because my son has his “1 year” photoshoot thing. :lol2:

by Elvis
5 years 1 day ago
 Total posts:   38830  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Turns out @gareth and I will be going to this tomorrow, will let everybody know how it went afterwards...

by Elvis
5 years 3 hours ago
Administrator

It was pretty cool.

Snead talked for about an hour, mostly taking questions in the team meeting room which was full of McVay-isms on the walls. Snead said a few things that might be considered newsworthy but nothing big and we were asked not to talk about it on social media so i'm not gonna say anything here.

Though, of course, they would never tell us anything they really didn't want to get out, i mean we were a room of basically 50 strangers.

Today was an off day for the players so the place was pretty much empty.

We got a tour which was awesome, especially the locker room which was super fucking cool. We also saw the draft war room, the press room, the training room, we ate lunch where the players eat.

The hallways were full of posters of current and former players, the Coliseum full of fans.

I did see one of the trainers who was on Behind the Grind helping Kupp rehab. And when we arrived there was, presumably, a player pulling up in a black Charger with Oregon plates in case anyone might know who that would be.

by aeneas1
5 years 2 hours ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

very, very cool gents! any photos (or was that against the rules)?

by Elvis
4 years 11 months ago
Administrator

No photos except for in the press room. But the Rams had a photographer and those photos should be available to us at some point.

On a side note, i've memorized the wifi password for the Rams press room...

by Elvis
4 years 11 months ago
Administrator

(Edit: Turns out not all pics were cleared for sharing so i made a couple changes.)

All right here are some pics taken by the Rams and cleared for sharing:

Les Snead explaining the Rams draft strategy to us:
BTDSnead-3.jpg

That's me thinking, "maybe i should be a GM." (back right)
ElvisBTDCrop.jpg

Rams locker room:
BTDSnead-5.jpg

This may or may not have been James Laurinitis in front of Aaron Donald's locker. It was kind of hard to tell:
JLAD.jpg

by BuiltRamTough
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   5357  
Armenia   Los Angeles
Hall of Fame

Damn that’s sick man so jealous.

Btw it’s pretty cool of the Rams to give access like that to the fans.

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

great stuff! so did you smuggle out one of those helmets?

by Gareth
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1207  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:great stuff! so did you smuggle out one of those helmets?

I really wanted to and considered it for a brief moment. I’m way too much of a wimp though.

• 1 / 2
18 posts May 31 2024