180 posts
  • 1 / 18
 by max
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Just feels to me that Gurley is lurking in the shadows nowadays.

He’s not at any of these “voluntary” mini camps doing anything. Anyone else think that knee is definitely an issue that is being kept under wraps?

I wonder if we won’t see him do anything on the field until Sept 8.

by snackdaddy
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

And Gurley won't be playing in the preseason. Which will create more of these questions. Nevermind McVay has never used him in the preseason. Its a conspiracy I tell you.

If the knee was a real issue why would they keep that a big secret? I don't see any advantages to keeping it secret unless they're really worried about the Panthers game. Which I really doubt.

Personally, I think its a case of a surgically repaired knee that got too much of a workload for 4 years. Its probably not something structurally damaged. They probably just need to reduce his workload. Which again, is why they drafted Henderson and matched Brown's offer.

Not seeing Gurley getting in the extra work doesn't mean there is automatically something wrong. Maybe he just wants to approach this wisely. Work out in private in a way that doesn't stress the knee. Reduce the workload during the season. Could be he'll be just fine that way. Then again maybe he'll retire. Who knows?

by max
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:And Gurley won't be playing in the preseason. Which will create more of these questions. Nevermind McVay has never used him in the preseason. Its a conspiracy I tell you.

If the knee was a real issue why would they keep that a big secret? I don't see any advantages to keeping it secret unless they're really worried about the Panthers game. Which I really doubt.

Personally, I think its a case of a surgically repaired knee that got too much of a workload for 4 years. Its probably not something structurally damaged. They probably just need to reduce his workload. Which again, is why they drafted Henderson and matched Brown's offer.

Not seeing Gurley getting in the extra work doesn't mean there is automatically something wrong. Maybe he just wants to approach this wisely. Work out in private in a way that doesn't stress the knee. Reduce the workload during the season. Could be he'll be just fine that way. Then again maybe he'll retire. Who knows?

You don't get all that inflammation and pain when there's nothing seriously wrong.

Gurley has a bad knee. How bad we aren't being told.

by ramsman34
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

If extensive rest and rehab/therapy have been prescribed, why would he attend voluntary workouts to do basically nothing? And, why would he be there under constant media scrutiny and questioning about, yes - THE GREAT KNEE CONSPIRACY? I think we need to just chill and wait until training camp. The Rams won't be able to hide anything then. He will HAVE to participate, at least on a limited/monitored reps basis. If he doesn't participate in training camp, we can probably start seriously worrying then.

by Elvis
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

This is definitely not a typical off season for Gurley. What it means remains to be seen.

There are some mandatory OTAs coming up and then camp is open to reporters and the public and you can be sure we'll all have an eye out to see what Gurley's participation level is...

by AvengerRam
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

by Elvis
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

BTW, Rams had a presentation at the LASED offices for perspective suite buyers Friday night. All the big guns were there, Demoff, Snead, McVay, etc. People who asked were being told "Gurley is fine," and got the distinct impression the new uniforms would be blue and yellow.

I wasn't there, none of this is first hand and the Rams were there to sell suites, so take it for what it's worth...

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

Great news but was there a Doctor watching video that could verify his health from video/Instagram posts?

Its the off season and its slow. We really don't need updates on non-issues such as this.

Call me when the season starts and Gurley is in a wheelchair. 🙄

by Haden
4 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

It seems to me that McVay has been doing things backward. He plays Gurley heavy in the early season. With Henderson and Brown, he has no doubt figured out that he needs to work Gurley light early season and save him for a heavy dose in the playoffs.

by max
4 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

AltiTude Ram wrote:Great news but was there a Doctor watching video that could verify his health from video/Instagram posts?

Its the off season and its slow. We really don't need updates on non-issues such as this.

Call me when the season starts and Gurley is in a wheelchair. 🙄

Too funny.
😄

• 1 / 18
180 posts Apr 17 2024