22 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by max
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:i'm turning into one of those old timers who tells you that a cup of coffee used to cost 5 cents, ha ha... honestly, that is one of the weirdest things about aging, cost/price perception, i can't believe how many times i've hemmed and hawed over buying something, instead of just pulling the trigger, because i still catch myself looking at prices in terms of when i was in my 20s and early 30s, it's brutal, the time i've wasted thinking shit is just way too much instead of accepting the fact that so many years have gone by, and that prices have of course risen accordingly... when my kids were teens i'd slip them a 20 here and there when they hit the town, and they would look at me like i was slipping them a buck, ha ha...

I accept the time valuation of money. That doesn't affect me nearly as much as looking in the mirror and saying who is that old guy and what did he do with the handsome devil in the tux.

by snackdaddy
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:i'm turning into one of those old timers who tells you that a cup of coffee used to cost 5 cents, ha ha... honestly, that is one of the weirdest things about aging, cost/price perception, i can't believe how many times i've hemmed and hawed over buying something, instead of just pulling the trigger, because i still catch myself looking at prices in terms of when i was in my 20s and early 30s, it's brutal, the time i've wasted thinking shit is just way too much instead of accepting the fact that so many years have gone by, and that prices have of course risen accordingly... when my kids were teens i'd slip them a 20 here and there when they hit the town, and they would look at me like i was slipping them a buck, ha ha...

Times have changed for sure. I tell my grandkids how tough I had it at their age. I had to get up and walk all the way across the living room to change the channel on the TV. Now that was roughing it. 8-)

• 3 / 3
22 posts Apr 18 2024