22 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by AvengerRam
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

max wrote:31 is not young. Ryan was a fully developed 31 yo QB and league MVP when he lost SB.

If you don’t see the difference between that and a 24 yo Goff then it’s hopeless.

So Quinn/Ryan doesn’t fit your matrix...that’s fine. Who does?

Still waiting for all those examples of young HC (OC)/QB who made the Super Bowl. That was, after all, the foundation of your “point.”

So who were you referring to? Or was it....nobody?

(I’d argue that from an age standpoint, the McVay/Goff combination making the Super Bowl is pretty much unprecedented, so there are few, if any, comparators, which makes your point...in a word, pointless.)

by max
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:So Quinn/Ryan doesn’t fit your matrix...that’s fine. Who does?

Still waiting for all those examples of young HC (OC)/QB who made the Super Bowl. That was, after all, the foundation of your “point.”

So who were you referring to? Or was it....nobody?

(I’d argue that from an age standpoint, the McVay/Goff combination making the Super Bowl is pretty much unprecedented, so there are few, if any, comparators, which makes your point...in a word, pointless.)

The key here is the QB.

Goff is the one getting the doubts from all the so called experts, yet they have this blind spot that Goff is only 24 yo in his first SB. No one doubts McVay will get even better, he’s universally acknowledged as the next great HC.

A1 listed a bunch of young QBs who lost their first Title game at a young age, and came back to win it later. The list included Griese, Starr, and Dawson. And then there’s Roethlisberger who was worse than Goff in his first SB even though his team won in spite of him (with help from the refs).

D'Marco said recently that Goff will always be doubted. He’ll always get the system QB label, or the McVay play call puppet. I agree that Goff gets that when he wins, and he also gets the deer in the headlights clueless doesn’t know where the sunsets label when he loses. Maybe that an exaggeration, but it’s not far off at the moment.

I’m saying these doubters don’t see the obvious. Take a 24 yo QB who has shown a lot already and was instrumental in getting his team to the SB, and have him continue to grow with a great young HC like McVay, and there should none of this won’t get back to the SB nonsense.

by AvengerRam
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

So now its just young QBs...?

Okay...

by Hacksaw
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Let's all litigate an opinion.

by max
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:So now its just young QBs...?

Okay...

I like your new avatar. You got better looking. :lol2:

by AvengerRam
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I like your new avatar. You got better looking. :lol2:

I looked even better before I got that full face tattoo. That was a wild night that I now regret.

by max
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:I looked even better before I got that full face tattoo. That was a wild night that I now regret.

I remember back in the 70's when I was a young guy and all the old timers would tell me stories of how sharp they looked when they were young and making the scene. I used to roll my eyes. Now that I'm an old timer, I got stupid stories of my own. I guess everyone's got them, like the Springsteen song.

There was this one New Years Eve....

by ramsman34
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Brady (24) /Belichick, by accident, due to injury, R. Willson was relatively young/inexperienced too I believe. Aikman 26, Montana 25, Namath 25, Kaep 25, Marino 23, Big Ben 24. All have/had pretty solid HCs.

Not really sure what the argument or contention is here.

We have a great HC and a very good, and CONSISTENTLY IMPROVING QB - sky is the limit I think.

by AvengerRam
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I remember back in the 70's when I was a young guy and all the old timers would tell me stories of how sharp they looked when they were young and making the scene. I used to roll my eyes. Now that I'm an old timer, I got stupid stories of my own. I guess everyone's got them, like the Springsteen song.

Wait...are you saying I’m also an old timer?

Ouch. :?

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

max wrote:I remember back in the 70's when I was a young guy and all the old timers would tell me stories of how sharp they looked when they were young and making the scene. I used to roll my eyes. Now that I'm an old timer, I got stupid stories of my own. I guess everyone's got them, like the Springsteen song.

i'm turning into one of those old timers who tells you that a cup of coffee used to cost 5 cents, ha ha... honestly, that is one of the weirdest things about aging, cost/price perception, i can't believe how many times i've hemmed and hawed over buying something, instead of just pulling the trigger, because i still catch myself looking at prices in terms of when i was in my 20s and early 30s, it's brutal, the time i've wasted thinking shit is just way too much instead of accepting the fact that so many years have gone by, and that prices have of course risen accordingly... when my kids were teens i'd slip them a 20 here and there when they hit the town, and they would look at me like i was slipping them a buck, ha ha...

• 2 / 3
22 posts Apr 18 2024