97 posts
  • 8 / 10
 by moklerman
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:you and your world of high stakes drama, ha ha... "outrage"? my "vigor" to "attack" you? my goodness man, take a chill pill - in fact, while you're washing it down, maybe consider why you always seem to find yourself alone on one side of an rfu debate... or do you think it's because you're an out-of-the-box thinker like, you know, wesseling? :D
I think you actions speak more than your denials. I really don't care about having the popular opinion. Which is usually the same 3 or 4 voices so it's not like it's a huge number. And, even within this thread, I'm not "alone". Why I do it is because I'm expressing my opinion. I think I'm pretty straightforward about what and why I say something. That you would assume or look for ulterior motives says more about you.

nonsense.

i posted this, page 1, post 9:

"2. and the silliness of grading goff lower than mayfield, wentz and, in fact, roethlisberger and rivers."

too cryptic for you? others have posted their thoughts too.
And I have repeatedly addressed it. I get that you don't think Goff should be ranked lower than Wentz and Mayfield. That is your point and I agree with it. What I don't agree with is the opinion that to give them a slight edge in their hypothetical 2019 season is silly.

aeneas1 wrote:this explains a lot, in terms of your comprehension of what others write.
That you think you're making a point about my comprehension when you're the one with a lack of it is truly ironic.

by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Look, you need to learn how to read before trying to talk down to others. "Last 8 games played". I don't know how many times and how many ways I need to say it before you'll understand.

Since the bye and including ALL games he played until the end of the season is a fair amount of data to use to look at how Goff was producing. Removing the Bears game and using just the 49ers game isn't.

And it's downright dishonest to act as if the Rams had to win those games against the Cardinals and 49ers without a running game and on the arm of Goff alone. CJ Anderson had well over 100 yards and a TD in each of those games and was easily a reasonable replacement for Gurley's normal production.

And you scoff at cherry picking?
Seriously?
Including playoff games with regular season is disingenuous at best, and trolling at worst.
Either way it proves total ignorance.
Good grief.

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:No, it’s allowing 1 game, the Chicago game, to judge him. It’s pathetic.

throw out the bears game (even tho it was so typical of his play), and goff booked a 103.8 rating over the last 8 games.

- throw out brady's worst game of the final 8-game stretch and his qb rating would be 102.5
- throw out rivers' worst game of the final 8-game stretch and his qb rating would be 102.7
- throw out rodgers' worst game of the final 8-game stretch and his qb rating would be 100.9

how us rams fans got stuck with such a mediocre qb, a qb who sucked down the stretch in 2018 is beyond me!

in other news: goff is a 2-time pro-bowler despite just 3 years on the job, and has already led his team to the super bowl.

by moklerman
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Yes that is.
That is the last 8 games of the regular season.
Last. 8. Games.

It is half a season's worth of data. It is everything since the bye. It's a variety of opponents.

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I really don't care about having the popular opinion.

screw popular, how about simply having an opinion rooted in reality from time to time? a good start towards that end would be to finally resign as president of the bradford fan club, i.e. ditch that misplaced allegiance, put away that broken prism , and enjoy quality nfl qb play, something that bradford never came close to providing. jump in mokler, the water's great!

by moklerman
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:And you scoff at cherry picking?
Seriously?
Including playoff games with regular season is disingenuous at best, and trolling at worst.
Either way it proves total ignorance.
Good grief.
Why is it disingenuous? Those games don't count? You're the one who wants to exclude the Bears game and now playoff games. How much are we to exclude before we can look at how Goff has most recently played football?

by moklerman
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:screw popular, how about simply having an opinion rooted in reality from time to time? a good start towards that end would be to finally resign as president of the bradford fan club, i.e. ditch that misplaced allegiance, put away that broken prism , and enjoy quality nfl qb play, something that bradford never came close to providing. jump in mokler, the water's great!
You don't even know you're a troll, do you? When's the last time you brought up Bradford and when's the last time I brought him up? You've got about a 10 to 1 advantage in how many times he's mentioned I really can't recall the last time I brought him up. You bring him up in almost every discussion though.

by moklerman
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:throw out the bears game (even tho it was so typical of his play), and goff booked a 103.8 rating over the last 8 games.

- throw out brady's worst game of the final 8-game stretch and his qb rating would be 102.5
- throw out rivers' worst game of the final 8-game stretch and his qb rating would be 102.7
- throw out rodgers' worst game of the final 8-game stretch and his qb rating would be 100.9

how us rams fans got stuck with such a mediocre qb, a qb who sucked down the stretch in 2018 is beyond me!

in other news: goff is a 2-time pro-bowler despite just 3 years on the job, and has already led his team to the super bowl.
So, throwing out data and excluding bad games is the objective, rational approach to looking at something?

Goff's struggles began at a specific point in the season. After the bye, he struggled more than he excelled. It's all right there to see. His struggles weren't just 1 or 2 games, they're 50% of a normal NFL schedule and they are the most recent 8 games that he's played.

It is representative of the "current" Goff. Using data from the first 10 games of 2018 or 2017 seems irrelevant since he hasn't played to that level for a half a season's worth of games since. I'm not excluding the bad games just as I'm not excluding the layups. The Bears game and the 49ers game offset and are included with the rest of the data.

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:When's the last time you brought up Bradford and when's the last time I brought him up?

you bring up bradford in every goff post you make, your entire opinion of goff is tied to your bizarre infatuation with that stiff who did nothing but underperform at the nfl level. when you're not whining about bradford here, disguised as slighting goff at every turn, you're whining about him at a cards board.

seek help. get better. then join the rest of us in pulling for a quality nfl qb, a pro bowl qb, who wears the horns!

• 8 / 10
97 posts Apr 25 2024