97 posts
  • 9 / 10
 by moklerman
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:you bring up bradford in every goff post you make, your entire opinion of goff is tied to your bizarre infatuation with that stiff who did nothing but underperform at the nfl level. when you're not whining about bradford here, disguised as slighting goff at every turn, you're whining about him at a cards board.

seek help. get better. then join the rest of us in pulling for a quality nfl qb, a pro bowl qb, who wears the horns!
Now you're flat out lying.

Care to prove your (false) claims? I'll wait.

by PARAM
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I've posted the numbers and since the bye, 8 games, Goff has terrible numbers. Look 'em up.

That's 8 consecutive games worth of data from the same season. Against good teams and bad teams. So no, it's not a fucking joke.

For perspective, those numbers are comparable to what Trevor Siemian did for the Broncos in '17 and what Bortles did last year for the Jaguars. Would anyone argue that either of them had good numbers?

No, it is a fuckin joke.

Yes it's 8 consecutive games worth of data, averaged out over the 8 games. It's not 8 consecutive 'terrible games'. In two of the 8 he had a QB rating north of 118. In the Dallas game he didn't need to throw the way CJ and Gurley were running. But when he did need to throw, he threw well. In the New Orleans game he basically won it for us...on the road, down the whole game, in overtime. His "bad games" in that string of 8 were Detroit, Chicago, Philly? and N.England. Give me a break Moklerman. It's not 8 consecutive shitty games. Go watch video of Sammy B. and tell me you're not totally giddy to have Goff in blue and gold.

by moklerman
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:No, it is a fuckin joke.

Yes it's 8 consecutive games worth of data, averaged out over the 8 games. It's not 8 consecutive 'terrible games'. In two of the 8 he had a QB rating north of 118. In the Dallas game he didn't need to throw the way CJ and Gurley were running. But when he did need to throw, he threw well. In the New Orleans game he basically won it for us...on the road, down the whole game, in overtime. His "bad games" in that string of 8 were Detroit, Chicago, Philly? and N.England. Give me a break Moklerman. It's not 8 consecutive shitty games. Go watch video of Sammy B. and tell me you're not totally giddy to have Goff in blue and gold.
Nowhere did I say it was 8 consecutive bad games. Read better.

by moklerman
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

Dick84 wrote:Well... many times... people throw out the "outliers" in performance.. best and worst.. when figuring out the mean.
And the analysis gave the same benefit to those other QBs.

Me? I'd call your 8 games cherry picking.

I'd also say I have some concerns. But, those concerns are offset by the fact that Goff keeps improving, year to year.
That isn't a hard and fast rule though. Especially with a relatively small sample size. In this case it would be far too subjective and leave us with a sample size that starts to be too small for a good look at his statistics.

You may call the 8 game sample cherry picking but I don't agree. This isn't a case of choosing a particularly bad 8 game stretch to illustrate a point, it's the most recent 8 games that he's played. It is how he is playing right now. That isn't cherry picking. "Picking" and choosing certain games to remove from the picture to make his numbers look better or worse would be cherry picking.

It is because it has been the most recent 8 games that I hesitate to just look at the cumulative numbers of '17 & '18. '18 was a tale of two seasons and the back half of last year was not of a QB showing improvement from his previous year and half under McVay. The hope is that it is the equivalent of a sophomore slump but with him in year 3 that's a bit unusual timing-wise for him to be taking this type of step back.

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:'18 was a tale of two seasons and the back half of last year was not of a QB showing improvement from his previous year and half under McVay. The hope is that it is the equivalent of a sophomore slump but with him in year 3 that's a bit unusual timing-wise for him to be taking this type of step back.

um, no, it was the tale of one season, a super bowl season, a pro bowl season.

only you would try to find a way to characterize goff's 2018 campaign, in part or whole, as the equivalent of a sophomore slump, mama mia. honestly dude, you're flat-out ridiculous.

by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:Why is it disingenuous? Those games don't count? You're the one who wants to exclude the Bears game and now playoff games. How much are we to exclude before we can look at how Goff has most recently played football?

Who wants to exclude it?
You really are coming off looking stupid here.
Let me test your intelligence here, how is using the playoff games equal half a season?

by PARAM
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Including playoff games with regular season is disingenuous at best, and trolling at worst.
Either way it proves total ignorance.
Good grief.

I agree. Why? Because it's pressure packed, everything on the line and practically EVERY QB suffers lower numbers in the postseason.

In 2018, the 12 starting QBs posted lower QB ratings than they did in the regular season. The lowest drops? Wilson (5.0), Prescott (5.6) , Jackson (5.7) , Trubisky (5.8) and Brady (11.9). Anybody see a pattern there? 3 of them were 1 and done.

The guys who suffered the worst drops? Watson (33.4), Goff (30.0), Foles (26.0), Rivers (24.6) and Brees (20.1). I guess they choked right? 4 of those 5 played multiple games.

Mahomes and Luck, in neither category dropped 14.9 and 15.4 pts. Both played multiple games. Truth is, it's harder to play QB in the postseason. It just is. But some people will lump those games....btw, Goff played the most postseason games this year (tied with Brady)…...in with regular season games and call it "objective". Not that they have an agenda. No. The postseason is just like the regular season.

Q?: What is Wentz's postseason QB rating? Mayfield's? Bradford's?

by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:um, no, it was the tale of one season, a super bowl season, a pro bowl season.

only you would try to find a way to characterize goff's 2018 campaign, in part or whole, as the equivalent of a sophomore slump, mama mia. honestly dude, you're flat-out ridiculous.

No it was terrible. Because the good games don’t count, the bad games count double but don’t cherry pick and try to be objective!
I mean, he was tied for the most interceptions thrown in the Super Bowl last year!! Wentz, Mahomes, Cody Kessler and even Andy Dalton threw less int in the SB last year!!
Try to keep up would ya?

by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:um, no, it was the tale of one season, a super bowl season, a pro bowl season.

Down 13-0, without his star RB on the road In front of a hostile Saints crowd, he led the rams back to victory in the NFC championship game. I guess Wentz did that too right?

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Down 13-0, without his star RB on the road In front of a hostile Saints crowd, he led the rams back to victory in the NFC championship game. I guess Wentz did that too right?

from the 4th quarter on, with the game on the line:

goff - 96.6 qb rating, 10.4 yards per attempt
brees - 16.9 qb rating, 5.4 yards per attempt

if only we had a quality qb to pull for, like brees.

• 9 / 10
97 posts Apr 18 2024