17 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by Claremontram
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   226  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

I prefer Gallo Red Mountain wine, myself. Damn Boone's Farm, I could have been a contender.

by DirtyFacedKid
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   973  
United States of America   San Clemente
Veteran

Elvis wrote:He lost me at whom...

Thank you. I was questioning my grammar for a second. :lol2:

by azramsfan93
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

BobCarl wrote:If you had your choice of 300 cases of Charles Shaw wine ... or one bottle of Stan Kroenke's wine (called Screaming Eagle) ... which would you choose? I'd choose Screaming Eagle.

Ditto for me.

Life’s too short to drink bad wine, although you get really good wine for much, much less than you pay for Screaming Eagle.

by BobCarl
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   4307  
Superstar

azramsfan93 wrote:Ditto for me.

Life’s too short to drink bad wine, although you get really good wine for much, much less than you pay for Screaming Eagle.
Agreed.

I've had a few vintages of Screaming Eagle ... worth it if you can afford it. I can't. I believe in having the best quality you can afford.

Screaming is a once a decade wine ... in relation to an every-day or a once-a-week wine.

But if a person has a Black Sabbath or an AC-DC poster on their wall ... or even a Velvet Elvis ... don't bother spending the money for a Van Gogh ... you won't appreciate it.

by AvengerRam
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

So we're talking about wine now...? Okay...

I find that certain countries/regions tend to be overpriced, while others tend to be good sources of high-quality wines at more reasonable prices.

For example, French wines and some Northern California wines are, in my opinion, overpriced.

I've had some very good wines from Oregon and Chile that are much less expensive. I've also had some really good Spanish and Italian wines that were reasonable.

If I'm going to pay a premium price for a vintage, it usually would be for a tawny port.

by Hacksaw
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

BobCarl wrote:Two Buck Chuck is a $7.99 quality wine that you can purchase for $3.00

"Chuck" is taken from the namesake of Charles Shaw who started out with a good wine in the marketplace and downshifted to producing wine that retailed at $2.00 per bottle at Trader Joe's stores in California.

I think in most of the country the wine is now called "Charles Shaw" and retails for $3.00 per bottle at most (if not all) Trader Joe's stores.

Inflation. It's now 3 buck (up) Chuck.

by BobCarl
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   4307  
Superstar

AvengerRam wrote:If I'm going to pay a premium price for a vintage, it usually would be for a tawny port.

they call them Colheita .... yep, you gotta pay up for the real ones.

• 2 / 2
17 posts Apr 25 2024