15 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by R4L
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

As I've stated before I call the Rams PR dept. at least once a week for "insider news" lol. I've been doing this since the 80's and I've talked to the same guy this whole time. He's been mostly spot on, except twice.

First he told me the Rams were trading Cleveland Gary to Dallas for WR Jimmy Smith in 1992. Never happened. And last season he told Kupp would miss 3-6 weeks but came back in 2. He later said that was the original time frame for Kupp to come back but that the Rams rushed him back for the big game against the Saints. :shock2:

Anyway, take it for what it's worth but this is what he had to say today:

1. The Rams may experiment with Ebukam inside during the preseason. They did this with him his rookie year. 2 reasons for this. Only one (Littleton) of the 3 ILB's on the roster have started an NFL game. "They like Samson for his big play ability but he just isn't much of a pass rusher."

2. Noteboom may stay at LG if he excels. The Rams drafted 2 OT's with no plans to move either of them inside. Their thoughts are one of the two of Evans or Edwards can replace Whit at some point. Kromer really likes Edwards. "Lindys had Edwards rated as a 2nd round pick, rated one spot after Evans."

3. Expect some activity on the DL as training camp approaches. The Rams have only 6 DL under contract, 7 if they move Morgan Fox back to DE like they are talking about. "No big names, and that includes Suh. Just some bargain basement types."

4. Training Camp battle will be at edge. Rams are 8 deep there with guys that can play. "After they re-signed Fowler and got Matthews, they quit looking for edge rushers. They are taking the wait and see approach with what they have."

5. UDFA Sleeper? Kendall Blanton – TE, Missouri, 6’6″ 262. "Great blocker and untapped potential as a receiver."

Nugget? "They gave Weddle Hill's # without his permission."

Like I said guys, this is just a guy I know and these are his opinions. The quotes are from him. He does work for them and has inside info, but by no means am I saying any this is etched in stone. Just thought I'd share with my Ram buds.

by Ramsdude
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

Good stuff brother!! Thanks for sharing that info! :)

by dieterbrock
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

Great stuff!!!

by aeneas1
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:Great stuff!!!

stumbled across this jpeg and thought it had to be @dieterbrock, ha ha...

NI6lDt40kq07.jpg

by AvengerRam
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

R4L wrote:3. Expect some activity on the DL as training camp approaches. The Rams have only 6 DL under contract, 7 if they move Morgan Fox back to DE like they are talking about. "No big names, and that includes Suh. Just some bargain basement types."

I wonder if Danny Shelton would qualify at this point...

by PARAM
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12295  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Good stuff. Thanks.

by R4L
5 years 2 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

No problem guys. I Appreciate it.

by RedAlice
5 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the info!

I just love your first paragraph. For some reason I find the way you worded it funny. 🙂

Have you ever met him, or you just call him?

by R4L
5 years 2 weeks ago
Pro Bowl

RedAlice wrote:Thanks for the info!

I just love your first paragraph. For some reason I find the way you worded it funny. 🙂

Have you ever met him, or you just call him?

Thanks lol. Yes, I went to a Rams game in Cleveland in 1991 and he traveled with the team. He ended up going out to eat with me and the family. He's a good dude.

• 1 / 2
15 posts May 18 2024