15 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by AvengerRam
5 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

JackPMiller wrote:What if we get an extra first round pick next years draft to move down a lot further down than expected? Would you do it then?

If someone wanted to offer a 2019 2nd round pick (even a late one) and a 2020 first round pick, I'd do it.

Lopsided draft day trades are not all that uncommon. For example, last year, just to move up from #27 to #14 (to draft Marcus Davenport), the Saints gave the Packers (in addition to the #27 pick) a 2019 first round pick and a Day 3 selection.

by dieterbrock
5 years 6 days ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

safer wrote:All good points Dieter, but when one has sucking team, and they have high picks, isn't it almost inevitable that (IF you pick well) you are going to have that issue if your team is ascending? Like us?
I think most teams really would prefer having an extra year with a QB, especially one who is going to sit for a year. The Gmen, in particular, got a lot of heat this year even as great as RB Barkley is. It's one thing for a team to rebuild.....and another for them not to have an obvious plan when it comes to QB.
This is going to get really interesting when the draft gets into the 20's. I can also see us moving up IF DT Simmons or Lawrence falls into the mid twenties.

The Giants are either going to trade for Rosen or draft a QB at 6 or 17
I think they are taking Haskins

by Kid Charlamagne
5 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   533  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Remember when the Rams were being discussed the way the cards are now? Remember when the Rams were major players on the first day?
Without the spectacular failures of the recent past, like Sam or Robinson, the draft is different for me now. I just want to see what Snead and McVay come up with this year. They’ve shown the ability to find players without having a first round pick, they put a system together that’s been very effective.

by TomSlick
5 years 5 days ago
 Total posts:   2908  
Italy   Many of us know the feeling of the universe conspiring to bring car and driver together.
Superstar

So enjoyable to no longer be in the douche contingent of top 10 pickers in the first round. We are number 31 and damn proud of it.

• 2 / 2
15 posts Apr 29 2024