34 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

thought i would put together a gurley postseason highlight vid for a couple of reasons:

a) to make sure i wasn't losing my marbles in terms of how healthy i thought he looked during postseason play, even late in the games (clearly the avalanche of post super bowl gloom and doom headlines regarding his health/knee/rams conspiracy had me second guessing myself) and...

b) to see if there was reason for optimism in terms of gurley's health going forward, or whether his postseason play was a clear sign that his best days are behind him which the headlines seem to imply.

i'm happy to report that i haven't lost my marbles (altho my wife would argue that point vehemently but for other reasons), he looked healthy to me, more importantly i thought his postseason play was certainly reason for optimism going forward.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Nice. He was actually able to make enough plays for a highlight video without being in a wheelchair or needing crutches.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
Pro Bowl

The clip that makes me think he was healthy, at least in the Dallas game, was when he did a 180 spin after scoring a TD and landed on his heels. You don't make that spin if you have any doubt about your body.

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:The clip that makes me think he was healthy, at least in the Dallas game, was when he did a 180 spin after scoring a TD and landed on his heels. You don't make that spin if you have any doubt about your body.

before the start of the cowboys game myers said that gurley looked "outstanding" in pregame warmups, but since it was his first game in a month the trainers would monitor him by applying heat and keeping him loose on the stationary bike... flash forward to the saints game and the sight of gurley on the stationary was proof that he wasn't healthy, and the reason he wasn't getting more touches. :D

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:He’s clearly limping in those clips

what do you do with a gimpy running back when you have a healthy hot hand on the bench? you put that gimpy running back on the field with under 50 secs left in the championship game down by 3. and then you throw the ball to him. :shock2: :D

firefox_2019-04-21_17-23-01.jpg

by sloramfan
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

every time this subject comes up, i fume over the non issue...

i think my rare and short replies (if ever) are that i really think this is way more sean mcvay's issue...

and by that i mean, meltdown under pressure...

i think he forgot what got him there... gurley looked to me like a runner possessed and determined, when he was out there...

i'm not sure what others were seeing, but i believe, like me, they were wondering.. why?

why isn't he out there?

from what i saw, gurley was fine, he just wasn't getting the call...

and on a noted replay, i did notice a slight limp or favoring of one side,as todd returned to the huddle, and i panicked in real time as the game was going on at the time (ask my GF, she heard me say gurley's hurt) but he came in later and was again running with pure abandon, and like i told her, "damn, i'm glad that was nothing serious"...

guy's take hits during the game.. and like most players, are not done for the year, nor in most cases, hiding a major injury... it's football, you're gonna get smacked... not a conspiracy...

back to my point.. i think sean might have learned something from all this...

gurley's good.. ride that horse..

don't panic when something falls short... he ain't going 80 yards on every other play, but play the cards that got you there...mix it up, play the horse, throw the unexpected pass, you'll win almost every time...

sorry for the rant... my 2 cents

go rams

slo

by AvengerRam
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

He was the fastest player clocked in the Super Bowl.

by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:every time this subject comes up, i fume over the non issue...

i think my rare and short replies (if ever) are that i really think this is way more sean mcvay's issue...

and by that i mean, meltdown under pressure...

i think he forgot what got him there... gurley looked to me like a runner possessed and determined, when he was out there...

i'm not sure what others were seeing, but i believe, like me, they were wondering.. why?

why isn't he out there?

from what i saw, gurley was fine, he just wasn't getting the call...

and on a noted replay, i did notice a slight limp or favoring of one side,as todd returned to the huddle, and i panicked in real time as the game was going on at the time (ask my GF, she heard me say gurley's hurt) but he came in later and was again running with pure abandon, and like i told her, "damn, i'm glad that was nothing serious"...

guy's take hits during the game.. and like most players, are not done for the year, nor in most cases, hiding a major injury... it's football, you're gonna get smacked... not a conspiracy...

back to my point.. i think sean might have learned something from all this...

gurley's good.. ride that horse..

don't panic when something falls short... he ain't going 80 yards on every other play, but play the cards that got you there...mix it up, play the horse, throw the unexpected pass, you'll win almost every time...

sorry for the rant... my 2 cents

go rams

slo

Nailed it

by BobCarl
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
Superstar

sloramfan wrote:gurley's good.. ride that horse..
I'm with you.

On March 15th the Rams agreed to go ahead with $18 mill of guarantees for Gurley. If he was a horse with doubt ... the Rams wouldn't have bought that $18 mill ticket to ride. (Cue up a Beatles song here)

But if there is any NFL team that thinks the Rams might draft a RB with their #31 pick. Lets hope they jump ahead and take a RB ahead of the Rams.

• 1 / 4
34 posts Apr 18 2024