7 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by snackdaddy
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9655  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Awesome pics. I'm always partial to Roman Gabriel. He was my first childhood hero.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Who is our DLman in your last picture? He has Jack Youngblood eyes.

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:Who is our DLman in your last picture? He has Jack Youngblood eyes.

yep, jack, what a friggin' specimen eh?

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Awesome pics. I'm always partial to Roman Gabriel. He was my first childhood hero.

yeah, that's what hooked (horned?) me for life, gabe and the gang and their rams blue/white (altho they almost never wore their home blue jerseys).... i like the picture of tommy mcdonald, one of the very last players to not wear a facemask, he took advantage (is that the right word?) of the grandfather rule.

speaking of grandfather rules, tom brady has continued to sport a riddell vsr-4 since the day he turned pro, the vsr-4 was first made in the late 80s and was probably the most worn helmet in the nfl for over a decade, but years ago it failed miserably in safety tests and the nfl has banned it (along with some other helmets), riddell hasn't even sold the vsr-4 in years.. anyway, despite it failing miserably, brady has continued to sport it under the league's grandfather rule, but that expires this season, no player can sport a vsr4 from 2019 on.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

And they did that in the 50's and 60's and 70's with about (maybe) 10% of the support todays players have. Jack and his generations were kept together with duct tape. Look at his fingers!

• 1 / 1
7 posts Apr 15 2024