29 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

would almost like to see this happen for purely entertainment value, i mean can you imagine the sports media explosion if this happened, ha ha, it would make the current obsession seem like child's play! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rams could spend their top pick in NFL Draft on RB, per report
Rachel Wold - April 19, 2019
https://sportsnaut.com/2019/04/rams-cou ... er-report/

According to NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah, the Los Angeles Rams could target a running back with their top pick.

This is what Jeremiah had to say at a press conference when asked how high Penn State’s running back Miles Sanders might go in the upcoming draft.

“In terms of how high he could go, I’d say it’s unlikely that he goes in the bottom of the first round,” Jeremiah said, per NFLcommunications.com. “It wouldn’t totally shock me. A team like the Rams, that might surprise some people considering who they have in Todd Gurley, but they’ve done a lot of homework on running backs. Maybe that’s a scenario where they trade back if they looked at that position.”

If that is the case, this is a huge red flag when it comes to assessing the longevity of running back Todd Gurley’s shelf life. Gurley has been dealing with a lingering injury to his knee and Rams used him sparingly towards the end of the last season and in the playoffs.

Most recently, the Rams indicated they would lighten Gurley’s workload in 2019.

Gurley has a lot of wear and tear at a mere 24 years old. He’s touched the ball an average of 300-plus times per season throughout his career. It should be interesting to see what develops as the draft approaches.

Currently, the Rams pick at No. 31 and then do not have another pick until late in Round 3. A prospect such as the aforementioned Sanders might just be too good to pass up. This is providing another team doesn’t make a move for him earlier.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I am with my friend from Kansas.....IE. this is just a soundbyte of misinformation that has been devoured by a facts-deficient Sports Media and spewed out to the NFL fandoms around the country.

They keep throwing krap up against the wall to see what sticks.....it all helps to sell Nikes, Gatorade and KIAs, eh!!! :roll2:

Fake Sports News!!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

Los Ramos need a First Round RB in 2019 like we need a sucking chest wound! :P

by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

I have sources that tell me the Rams could take a QB with the 1st round pick if the guy they like slips that far.

This is fun!

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

dieterbrock wrote:I have sources that tell me the Rams could take a QB with the 1st round pick if the guy they like slips that far.

This is fun!

i'd like to see the rams wheel and deal to get two 1st round picks:

a rb to replace gurley because:

"RB Todd Gurley limping as he leaves restaurant"
"Todd Gurley learns he has arthritic knee"
"Should Rams Be Concerned About Todd Gurley's Arthritis Diagnosis?"
"Arthritis in Todd Gurley’s knee explains limited playoff production"
"Yes, you should be worried about Todd Gurley"

and a qb to replace goff because:

"Rams may opt to not pay Jared Goff franchise QB money"
"Los Angeles Rams Blow Their Big Super Bowl Chance"
"Should the LA Rams trade Jared Goff before giving him a massive deal?
"Super Bowl LIII: Goff's poor game will test the Rams' future"
"Rams QB Jared Goff a flop in Super Bowl LIII"

by BobCarl
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   4296  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:The Rams could also use first round pick on a punter. But I doubt it.

There is no way the Rams would take a RB, QB, or the next Ray Guy in the 1st round. If the best Long Snapper ever to come out of college slides to #31, the Rams will take him for sure.

There isn't one player at his position that turned in better combine results than Dan Godsil ... (it doesn't matter that he was the only player at his position invited)

Dan Godsil

The Ottawa-Glandorf graduate set two records: highest vertical jump (34½ inches) and longest broad jump (118 inches) by a long snapper.

Godsil, the only player at his position invited to the combine, went viral on social media for his results. When he did 16 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, the crowd in the Indiana Convention Center gave the former Hoosier a loud ovation.

“It’s an amazing feeling because you dream about it from a young age,” said the 6-foot-4, 241-pound Godsil, who earned All-American and All-Big Ten honors. “It’s pretty awesome and just an amazing feeling to be here.”

This isn’t the first time Godsil has become a curiosity. During the summer, a video of him snapping a football from a platform at Indiana’s practice facility some 30 feet in the air into a trash can 30 yards away was posted on Indiana’s official football Twitter account.

Check out this video: 1st Round material for sure!

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:i'd like to see the rams wheel and deal to get two 1st round picks:

a rb to replace gurley because:

"RB Todd Gurley limping as he leaves restaurant"
"Todd Gurley learns he has arthritic knee"
"Should Rams Be Concerned About Todd Gurley's Arthritis Diagnosis?"
"Arthritis in Todd Gurley’s knee explains limited playoff production"
"Yes, you should be worried about Todd Gurley"

and a qb to replace goff because:

"Rams may opt to not pay Jared Goff franchise QB money"
"Los Angeles Rams Blow Their Big Super Bowl Chance"
"Should the LA Rams trade Jared Goff before giving him a massive deal?
"Super Bowl LIII: Goff's poor game will test the Rams' future"
"Rams QB Jared Goff a flop in Super Bowl LIII"

I think you might've left out the fact that the Rams can plug in any QB in Mcvay's offense. 😏

by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:

not to beat a dead horse but.... "privately met with"????? what, deep in an unmarked silo, away from gurley and his people? i mean, wtf is that?

last year at least 4 rb visited the rams pre-draft: john kelly, rashaad penny, ito smith, akrum wadley - and those are just the guys that are easily found, who know how many more visited... in fact "dtr" reported on the ito smith visit last year but, oddly, the visit wasn't described as "private". :roll2:

• 1 / 3
29 posts Apr 18 2024