9 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by aeneas1
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

here's what 10 different sources think the rams will do in the first round - do you think any of these guys nailed it, or do you think the guy the rams will actually take isn't even listed?

21. (trade up / seattle) jaylon ferguson - edge - nfl.com
31. jeffery simmons - dt - cbssports.com
31. erik mccoy - c/g - walterfootball.com
31. kaleb mcgary - ot - theringer.com
31. chris lindstrom - g - drafttek.com
31. jaylon ferguson - olb - sportingnews.com
31. garrett bradbury - c - businessinsider.com
31. jeffery simmons - dt - nbcsports.com
31. dexter lawrence - dl - usatoday
31. jonathan abram - s - washingtonpost.com

by actionjack
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   3945  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:here's what 10 different sources think the rams will do in the first round - do you think any of these guys nailed it, or do you think the guy the rams will actually take isn't even listed?

21. (trade up / seattle) jaylon ferguson - edge - nfl.com
31. jeffery simmons - dt - cbssports.com
31. erik mccoy - c/g - walterfootball.com
31. kaleb mcgary - ot - theringer.com
31. chris lindstrom - g - drafttek.com
31. jaylon ferguson - olb - sportingnews.com
31. garrett bradbury - c - businessinsider.com
31. jeffery simmons - dt - nbcsports.com
31. dexter lawrence - dl - usatoday
31. jonathan abram - s - washingtonpost.com

I think it will be Simmons

by dieterbrock
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   11512  
United States of America   New Jersey
Hall of Fame

actionjack wrote:I think it will be Simmons

Got a hard time believing that the only player they end up thru 2 rounds is a guy who won’t play this season

Love the player but need someone who can contribute

by AltiTude Ram
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

I think there might be more options.

31. Dalton Risner OT/OG Kansas state.

by PARAM
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12242  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

31. garrett bradbury - c

You can never have enough offensive weapons - (Sean McVay)

but if you're close, take somebody who can give them time/space to work

by ramsman34
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

actionjack wrote:I think it will be Simmons

I do as well. With how much money the Rams have and will have tied up in their current star players, finding blue and red chip future starters on the cheap is imperative. I think a lot of people think the Rams are going afte immediate starters and will move up and around to get those "targeted" guys. I think they will move around. But, that they have identified players they plan on developing for 1-1.5 years to be ready to become high quality starter/players then. Now, they will probably get 1-2 guys that will also contribute THIS season. I truly believe that they have young guys they are comfortable with at all the positions we call "needs" . DT - F. Meyers/Day/Brockers combo, ILB - Kiser, LG/C - Boom and Allen, Edge - Obo/Lawler/Young. Yes, they need to upgrade the competitive depth along the OL/DL, secondary and LB a well.

I think this draft will reveal one of those two philosophies; win now starters / find cheap starters to develop - meaning taking risks on injured/medical players, guys with possible character issues, guys who drop for whatever reason. Now, most will say they will be serving both philosophies, and that might be true. But, if they take Simmons at #31 (if available), might it be more telling that we think???

I wish I knew the prospects better to build the "higher risk/building for 2020/2021" Rams draft.

by CanuckRightWinger
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

While Simmons would be a nice luxury item, I am with Pennsylvania here and hope the Rams braintrust realize that when you score only 3 points in the biggest game of every Rams players' life......um, something is awry on the Offensive Line.....so color me a Garrett Bradbury guy too!!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

NFL Network replayed SBLIII the other night......just awful to watch our Offense....the death of 10,000 cuts!!! Austin Blythe stunk! Holding Penalties from Sullivan and Havenstein at key junctures....even Whitworth looked out of sorts.....and of course, the longest standing Ram, Rodger SteadyEddy Saffold is now a Titan.

As I have written before, my old Ram-observing eyes tell me that Noteboom can probably hold his own at OG.....BUT....to me Brian FiestyButSmallish Allen looks to be only a younger quicker Tim Barnes. JMO.

I also wish at this time to discount the many rumours floating around the Forum these past 22 months and avow, once and for all, that there is:

NO COLLUSION BETWEEN PENNSYLVANIA AND ME!!
THERE NEVER WAS, AND THERE NEVER WILL BE!!
NO FUTURE RFU POSTER SHOULD EVER HAVE TO ENDURE THESE CHARGES AGAIN!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

by Rams1PlateSince1976
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

A little early to clear Canuck and PA on collusion or obstruction. Thousands of posts to be examined as well as personal emails, phone conversations and mail not to mention travel records which could show personal meetings. Will also need to investigate personal acquaintances of each who could have passed information back and forth. This could require another Warren Report which took 26 volumes.

Collusion or not I would be delighted with their draft pick.

by pmill66
4 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   152  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Gurley does have some injury concerns, and is a big part of the passing game too. If Noah Fant is sitting there in the 25 or so spot of round 1, and a team is willing to take the Rams pick 31 and 94, that would fill that spot of another playmaking receiver. Rams have to be looking at that.

If that does not happen, Risner the G/T would be a good choice potentially start at RG, moving Blythe to battle Allen for C.

Rams have some work to do, need another OL or 2, and a CB or 2.

• 1 / 1
9 posts Apr 18 2024